Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Maynne

Maynne

Forum Moderator Posts: 52,416 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
I miss my old FB account.

I killed it off due to FB pissing me about telling me I must use a Business name or else be blocked.

I miss all the 350+ people I had added.

I still use FB but keep it very private. Still don't use my real name lol. Sod that too many people can spy on you.

I'm really paranoid of what is on the mind of Mark Zuckerberg. The guy testified in US Congress only to openly lie, in FB you are the product - your information are sold to the highest bidder.

FB also developed a technology of face recognition on images you post, but not enabled by default. I wonder if one day FB will enable that as part of the mandatory policy of having an FB account.

18-Feb-2021 14:35:41

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah probably. I'm sure there'll be something else to use soon. There's a mid-2000s copycat myspace site now, I think it's growing in popularity but I can never remember the name of it. I think it's called SpaceHey?
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

18-Feb-2021 15:58:14

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Politics isn't allowed, unless a mod wants to discuss politics?

Is that the rule these days?

Can we get Kari to update the sticky thread?

:P
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

18-Feb-2021 18:13:53 - Last edited on 18-Feb-2021 18:14:08 by NexOrigin

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,974 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
I miss my old FB account.

I killed it off due to FB pissing me about telling me I must use a Business name or else be blocked.

I miss all the 350+ people I had added.

I still use FB but keep it very private. Still don't use my real name lol. Sod that too many people can spy on you.
I've always been pretty open (within reason), although my FB profile is mostly locked to friends (I think).

In terms of privacy though, I'm in pretty deep lol... My condo over the past couple of years has gained a number of smart devices, started with a Google Home I got from work, then smart lights, thermostat, front door lock, second Google Home and more recently Facebook Portal for TV... Multiple hearing devices and a camera lol

But, I got nothing to hide haha, and if they think they can draw me in with advertisements to buy products, I'm not really a consumer in that way and 99.9% of the time pay no attention to what advertisements get served to me. :p
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

18-Feb-2021 20:35:43

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You know what's annoying? When you can't access your FB account, but it still has email notifications turned on. lol

I'm still getting emails from a FB account I lost access to years ago. lol
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

18-Feb-2021 20:39:19

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
It's one of those "You need to send us your driver's license" type of scenarios. lol

Yooo, I've been having that same issue with my old fb. But the kicker is that it occasionally lets me log into it, apparently. It's weird, and hella obnoxious.

I reckon it'll probably help once I have the devices the account is connected to again, or whatever.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

19-Feb-2021 10:41:41

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
I'm glad I don't use FB.

Same. I don't use any social media sites. My tech methods of contacting people are texts and emails. I still send actual birthday and christmas cards. You can't put an e-card up on your mantlepiece unless you print it out yourself which means you've had to pay for it ( ink and paper ).

19-Feb-2021 11:16:39

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top