Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Stoat King

Stoat King

Posts: 5,075 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
Nex D Origin said :
Draco Burnz said :
Just got my second monitor up and running now i can scape and watch vids at the same time.

Really happy.
Nice. Once you've gotten used to multiple monitors, you'll never want to go back. In fact, at some point you'll probably think "Hey, I wonder if I can plug the computer into this 50" TV?" and then things get really fun. ^_^

I've usually got two monitors going, in addition to the 50" TV plugged into the computer. I love being able to just drag things into whatever monitor or TV I want. Browsing the internet and come across a video? Drag it to the big screen TV. See something in a video on the big screen TV? Open a browser window in one of the other two monitors. I love it.

I hope you have fun with it. :D

This is accurate. I have 3 monitors but would prefer 4 lmao. Once you start adding monitors, you can't function with less haha.

You can but it really sucks lol
I am about to get all my 'office' computer equipment shipped to me. Thats 2 PCs and 3 monitors. I have no room to set any of that up its driving me crazy. Grrr!

Edit: I shouldnt complain. When I started working from home I was stuck with a teensy weensy laptop screen. Grrr again

25-Jan-2021 07:25:43 - Last edited on 25-Jan-2021 07:26:36 by Stoat King

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oml you guys haha

That makes me think of the difference in setups me and the fiancé have. I have a small laptop and he's got this big fancy desktop with flashing lights and two huge monitors lol
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

25-Jan-2021 11:23:18

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Averia Light said :
...snip ....

I won't get mine until Thursday. :(

And, you don't have to. I just assumed you'd love the opportunity to show off your fur baby like most dog owners do.

I'd love to! I've posted pics here before of my dogs but they were from our old digital camera (now deceased) so all the recent ones, including the pup who is no longer a pup except inside her own head - are on the Ole Man's phone.

Being a complete slob I haven't yet sussed out how to upload those to the PC and have been meaning to for ages, not least because I'd like them to be held somewhere other than the phone in case it goes kaput.

Some old people struggle to get to grips with even the simplest of technologies. I'm one of them.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

25-Jan-2021 11:41:09

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Woke up this morning and my back "had gone" again for not apparent reason. I've got a disc which slips partially out from time to time, presses on the Sciatic nerve and gives me all sorts of aggro.

So now I'm reconsidering dinner options - was going to be Shepherds Pie but I don't think I'll be able to peel and mash the spuds. And walking the dogs in today's icy conditions is going to be .... challenging.

Of course, the Ole Man can be Chef this evening and also take the hounds out but I like going for my afternoon walk.

Life, lately, just keeps giving ..... *sigh*
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

25-Jan-2021 13:04:52 - Last edited on 25-Jan-2021 13:06:02 by FiFi LaFeles

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stoat King said :

You can but it really sucks lol
I am about to get all my 'office' computer equipment shipped to me. Thats 2 PCs and 3 monitors. I have no room to set any of that up its driving me crazy. Grrr!

Edit: I shouldnt complain. When I started working from home I was stuck with a teensy weensy laptop screen. Grrr again

You get monitor stands you silly billy. Maybe I'll take a picture of my own set up as I do really like the stand I have.

And, when we first went remote that was what my employer gave me as well. Thankfully, I had a 20" monitor I had to dig out of the basement and took advantage of everyone dumping their tech equipment in the summer when everyone returned to the office
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

25-Jan-2021 15:10:20

Averia Light

Averia Light

Brigantia said :
Oml you guys haha

That makes me think of the difference in setups me and the fiancé have. I have a small laptop and he's got this big fancy desktop with flashing lights and two huge monitors lol

How do you function with one screen?!?!?!

25-Jan-2021 15:11:13 - Last edited on 25-Jan-2021 15:11:32 by Averia Light

Averia Light

Averia Light

FiFi LaFeles said :
Averia Light said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Averia Light said :
...snip ....

I won't get mine until Thursday. :(

And, you don't have to. I just assumed you'd love the opportunity to show off your fur baby like most dog owners do.

I'd love to! I've posted pics here before of my dogs but they were from our old digital camera (now deceased) so all the recent ones, including the pup who is no longer a pup except inside her own head - are on the Ole Man's phone.

Being a complete slob I haven't yet sussed out how to upload those to the PC and have been meaning to for ages, not least because I'd like them to be held somewhere other than the phone in case it goes kaput.

Some old people struggle to get to grips with even the simplest of technologies. I'm one of them.

Honestly if I didn't have to compete to stay relevant in today's job market, I'd live an extremely simple life. Love learning and all, but I definitely would do it on my own time which would be wayyyy slower and there is nothing wrong with that!

25-Jan-2021 15:14:59

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
Brigantia said :
Oml you guys haha

How do you function with one screen?!?!?!

To put it simply: you can't miss what you've never had.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

25-Jan-2021 15:15:56

Averia Light

Averia Light

FiFi LaFeles said :
Woke up this morning and my back "had gone" again for not apparent reason. I've got a disc which slips partially out from time to time, presses on the Sciatic nerve and gives me all sorts of aggro.

So now I'm reconsidering dinner options - was going to be Shepherds Pie but I don't think I'll be able to peel and mash the spuds. And walking the dogs in today's icy conditions is going to be .... challenging.

Of course, the Ole Man can be Chef this evening and also take the hounds out but I like going for my afternoon walk.

Life, lately, just keeps giving ..... *sigh*

Lots of sciatic issues in the population this year it seems. I heard anti-inflammatory medication helps keep pressue off the nerve if you don't already know.

25-Jan-2021 15:16:27

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top