Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pleased for you Dracz.

My PC is in the lounge anyway so I can watch TV from my little desk.
I think I'd like to go all techy and have 2 monitors but I'd have to shift everything into a spare bedroom to do that - I suggested it a while back but the Ole Man didn't want me to because he likes being in the same room as me when we're relaxing.

After all these years you'd think he'd be glad to see the back of me :P
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

25-Jan-2021 00:02:45

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
...snip ....
And haha, we should share puppy pictures! I'm actually a cat person, but the neighborhood break-ins and my kid have influenced me to get a little puppy instead.

Wow, they've really pushed the boat out for you. Maybe graciously accept what's on the table (which is not insignificant!) and go for the jugular next year :D

And yeah, definitely - you show me yours and I'll show you mine .... that is, when I can work out how to upload pictures from the Ole man's phone onto the PC. Never done it before. Can't be that hard. Famous last words.

I used to be strictly a cat person (although we had 'family' dogs). But then I got my first very own puppy ......
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

25-Jan-2021 00:12:57

Nex D Origin

Nex D Origin

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Just got my second monitor up and running now i can scape and watch vids at the same time.

Really happy.
Nice. Once you've gotten used to multiple monitors, you'll never want to go back. In fact, at some point you'll probably think "Hey, I wonder if I can plug the computer into this 50" TV?" and then things get really fun. ^_^

I've usually got two monitors going, in addition to the 50" TV plugged into the computer. I love being able to just drag things into whatever monitor or TV I want. Browsing the internet and come across a video? Drag it to the big screen TV. See something in a video on the big screen TV? Open a browser window in one of the other two monitors. I love it.

I hope you have fun with it. :D

25-Jan-2021 00:16:39

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Pleased for you Dracz.

My PC is in the lounge anyway so I can watch TV from my little desk.
I think I'd like to go all techy and have 2 monitors but I'd have to shift everything into a spare bedroom to do that - I suggested it a while back but the Ole Man didn't want me to because he likes being in the same room as me when we're relaxing.

After all these years you'd think he'd be glad to see the back of me :P

Yea i have mine just barely fitting on my desk atm so im thinking about getting a larger one sometime soon.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

25-Jan-2021 00:31:46

Nex D Origin

Nex D Origin

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Wait, a TV can be used as a monitor?

I have my game systems hooked up to mine atm so it cant hold anything more.
Most modern ones can without too much hassle. If your video card has an HDMI output, you can use you can use that to connect the TV, or if the TV has a VGA connection, you can use that to connect the computer.

25-Jan-2021 01:02:50

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex D Origin said :
Draco Burnz said :
Just got my second monitor up and running now i can scape and watch vids at the same time.

Really happy.
Nice. Once you've gotten used to multiple monitors, you'll never want to go back. In fact, at some point you'll probably think "Hey, I wonder if I can plug the computer into this 50" TV?" and then things get really fun. ^_^

I've usually got two monitors going, in addition to the 50" TV plugged into the computer. I love being able to just drag things into whatever monitor or TV I want. Browsing the internet and come across a video? Drag it to the big screen TV. See something in a video on the big screen TV? Open a browser window in one of the other two monitors. I love it.

I hope you have fun with it. :D

This is accurate. I have 3 monitors but would prefer 4 lmao. Once you start adding monitors, you can't function with less haha.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

25-Jan-2021 04:30:30

Averia Light

Averia Light

Draco Burnz said :
Yep mine does have HDMI as i bought it first and foremost for the Switch as that req a HD TV.

As i dont feel like unhooking any of my systems though atm and just fine with the 2 monitors, i think ill pass for now.

Thnx for the info though.

When I do training videos at home I mirror my computer screen into the TV. That way I can do other things while watching it.

25-Jan-2021 04:31:41

Averia Light

Averia Light

FiFi LaFeles said :
Averia Light said :
...snip ....
And haha, we should share puppy pictures! I'm actually a cat person, but the neighborhood break-ins and my kid have influenced me to get a little puppy instead.

Wow, they've really pushed the boat out for you. Maybe graciously accept what's on the table (which is not insignificant!) and go for the jugular next year :D

And yeah, definitely - you show me yours and I'll show you mine .... that is, when I can work out how to upload pictures from the Ole man's phone onto the PC. Never done it before. Can't be that hard. Famous last words.

I used to be strictly a cat person (although we had 'family' dogs). But then I got my first very own puppy ......

I won't get mine until Thursday. :(

And, you don't have to. I just assumed you'd love the opportunity to show off your fur baby like most dog owners do.

25-Jan-2021 04:33:16

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top