Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Black magic.

Nah, it is super easy and I will provide guidance when I am on my computer next. Which will probably be Monday. It is more of a trick and knowing where to look more than anything.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

16-Jan-2021 17:01:02

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
I used to think that too, when I was a youngster :)
It seemed so very far away and all I could see were the years and years stretching out ahead of me while I worked like a donkey to keep the wheels on the wagon.

But, here I am, and in two months time I'll be getting my State Pension. Awsumsauce.
Always assuming Covid don't get me first.

I've got a bit over a year to wait for my state pension but I've been getting my work related pension since I was 60 ( I worked in the NHS for about 14 years ). Its not a lot but it all helps.
I gave up work when I had our eldest because after childcare and travel costs we'd have had very little extra income. We live over 100 miles away from family so there were no grandparents or other relatives to help with looking after a little'un. Turned out to be the best choice because oh boy! did he need a lot of attention! As a baby he had 3 month colic and turned me into a sleep deprived "zombie". :P As a toddler he wasn't naughty but needed a lot of stimulating play.
Then a few years later, just before eldest started school, along came son # 2. He was a bit easier but he was often poorly and I'd even sleep on the floor beside his cot to keep an eye on him. He joined in with almost everything we did with his older brother. Once he started school he was still ill fairly often, nothing serious but enough for him to need time off. The children certainly kept me busy.
I never returned to my old job ( I'd have had to refresh my skills and reregister ) but when my husband became self employed I became his part time clerical assistant. I still look after his work records and he says he can't ever retire because he needs to keep me in craft materials. Lol. :)

16-Jan-2021 19:48:31

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That sounds so miserable.

Being a parent truly is a thankless job, with all the things you put up with and deal with for the sake of your kids.

I'm so glad I don't have any lol
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

17-Jan-2021 10:36:08

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
You probably will and you'll be glad you did ^_^

No.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

17-Jan-2021 15:48:28 - Last edited on 17-Jan-2021 15:52:22 by Brigantia

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top