Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Got to take one of the dogs to the Vet a bit later on to get her annual vaccination. Not looking forward to that; she's not very agile now so has to be lifted into/out of the car and makes a huge fuss about it.

Also, can't go into the Vet these days, have to phone them when you arrive then hang about on the lawn outside until they take the animal from you to do whatever. Today just happens to be chilly and pouring with rain :(
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

27-Oct-2020 09:52:51

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aww :c

Both my doggos went to the vet recently too, it's been super expensive and haven't heard a lot of good news either. Ugh.

But yeah the protocols have changed, my mum has had to pull up and call them when they get there and eventually someone comes out, I think.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

27-Oct-2020 13:21:00

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am not really comfortable with this process albeit I do realise what the necessity is. I am concerned that passing over your doubly reluctant animal (hating the vets anyway and then being led off by a stranger) in a car park next to a very busy main road, (which is the case at one of our local vets) does make me wonder if there is a potential for disaster should they manage to get away.

We are very lucky though in that one of our local vets, and as far as I know the only one, will allow one person in now to take their animal in for treatment so I think we shall be using that one for the future

27-Oct-2020 16:59:40

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's a bonus.

I think, last they were there, that they were able to go in with the doggos, but I wasn't there so I don't know for sure.

Boudicea is hilarious though. :L The vets always laugh about her because she'll be super vicious until they poke her with a needle, then she's a totally different dog. Super friendly and happy after that. :L
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

27-Oct-2020 17:06:59

Not A Butler

Not A Butler

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just wondering - are there any aviation enthusiasts within the RS community? I'm a pilot myself, so I'd love to meet up with some like-minded people who love the skies as much as I do! "Cleared to land, Runway 02."
Aviator Since The Light Of Day

28-Oct-2020 06:42:49

The contents of this message have been hidden.

28-Oct-2020 07:57:40

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,613 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@WheresChaos

Jagex are no longer supporting the site you posted a verification code for due to their site displaying ads for RWT.

Post removed.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

28-Oct-2020 09:25:42

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not A Butler said :
Just wondering - are there any aviation enthusiasts within the RS community? I'm a pilot myself, so I'd love to meet up with some like-minded people who love the skies as much as I do!

Might be better to start a thread and see what happens - your question here in the Lounge has the potential to not get seen by people just browsing :)
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

28-Oct-2020 09:27:36

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top