Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am not an arachnophobe, as such, but I don't really like spiders either. I can't recall killing any on purpose - my Mum told us that if we killed a spider it would rain for seven days!
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

04-Sep-2017 01:06:29

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bernadette said :
Kiwi Magic said :
Bernadette said :
Bernadette said :
This was in the bathroom this morning - I do hope it doesn't have a big brother lurking somewhere else.

No big brother so far, but his little brother seemed equally unimpressed with my 50p to relocate offer :(

Wow they are fine specimens of whatever type of spider they are. Did you set them free outside?
Yes, both were treated to the plastic beaker and card ride after they refused my 50p bribe. The bigger the spider, the further the ride down the garden they get.

At least most spiders in the Uk are not likely to harm us, I just wish they would choose somewhere else to play.

You are one brave lady!!
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

04-Sep-2017 01:07:07

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've not long got up, drinking coffee and scrolling through Tweetland, and am seeing stuff about the man who wears a dead cat on his head repealing something called "DACA".

Being woefully (but entirely happily) ignorant in the main concerning American domestic policies, does this actually mean that the intention is thus:

People years ago entered the USA with a small child, small child grows up but has no specific legal immigration status, once-was-small-child now faces deportation. Even though they had no part in the choice to enter the USA, have spent the majority of their life there, and may have nowhere at all to go in "their" country?

??

Or am I reading it wrong.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

04-Sep-2017 11:10:53

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
I've not long got up, drinking coffee and scrolling through Tweetland, and am seeing stuff about the man who wears a dead cat on his head repealing something called "DACA".

Being woefully (but entirely happily) ignorant in the main concerning American domestic policies, does this actually mean that the intention is thus:

People years ago entered the USA with a small child, small child grows up but has no specific legal immigration status, once-was-small-child now faces deportation. Even though they had no part in the choice to enter the USA, have spent the majority of their life there, and may have nowhere at all to go in "their" country?
Or am I reading it wrong.

I wonder if that is dependent on if they got married, if they applied and got residency or what ever happens in America?

I know someone who went over to America from South America in her early to mid teens with her mum who was a illegal immigrant she did it for a better life for her children, her mum then got sick or needed an operation, so mum needed to go back to her own country, left children with people/friends?? to finish there free education and free lunches* at college/high school, the teen then married her first husband I think she was just 16/17 years at the time, within a year or two married her 2nd husband, whom she is still with many years later and very happy - now mum was not able to enter America again for many years because she was a illegal immigrant, she's able to go there now. I believe the teen, who's now in her late 20s is allowed to stay - because of her new status - which I am not sure what it is, if she has green card or just because she married or what - they are doing very well, a hard working family.

*I was/am so impressed with America allowing children of parents who were illegal immigrants to go to college, get a good education and go on the free lunch scheme <- fantastic. Not sure if it's still the same these days.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

04-Sep-2017 11:31:08

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top