Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 8,998 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
As well as Forum Help:

Mod Meadows said :
Need an explanation or clarification?
- If you don't understand the action that was taken or not taken, you can ask for an explanation or clarification. Depending on the time and context, this will be done as promptly as it can be, but please
be patient
. However, you can only do this
once per issue
, if you continue to post, this will be considered a
misuse of this thread
I thought that this explicitly means that I am allowed to post asking for clarification on a report of mine that was either looked at or not by an F-Mod. The recent change in Off-Topic to ban political discussions is a decision made by Community Management, not by the Forum Moderators. So, how does asking about this change fall within the realms of Forum Help?

Edit: The reason why I am mentioning this is because my own thread ( RE: Political Discussions ) was locked due to the fact that the ban of political discussions was never up for discussion, as stated by Mod Kari:

"Locking this thread. The change was never up for discussion and it's clear this conversation has run its course."

So, how is it all right to use Forum Moderation Review or Forum Help for such inquiries but a thread dedicated for it in Website and Forums is not? I'm not complaining about my thread being locked. I'm all right with Mod Kari's decision to lock it as there wasn't anything else to discuss, but I am trying to decipher the logic behind being able to use FMR/FH but not a dedicated thread in Website and Forums?

01-Sep-2020 21:43:25 - Last edited on 01-Sep-2020 21:48:56 by Mrs Ana

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ehh

The same moderation approach as the last removal of the rants forum. If you post about the "old style" OT forum or in "old style" OT fashion, you will be B&.

That being said, I am glad political toplcs are no longer allowed. I'll never stop educating and helping the disenfranchised, sure, but I tend to like to put most of my efforts into real, community based efforts - and most of all, meaningful action. Unfortunately, I was stuck inside my house with no motivation to do something more meaningful, so I was here debating.

To that end, within 5 years, I am seriously considering being a foster parent. I felt the need to say this as an update to people who may care how I end up.

I may also exit the "rat race" using my financial and computer science background by either starting my own business or playing the stock market (I am about to make my first personal purchase this Friday) to focus on far more meaningful volunteer work (unfortunately most organizations have stopped most programs due to COVID). So if I disappear one day, it is probably going to be for any one of these reasons.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

02-Sep-2020 04:32:50 - Last edited on 02-Sep-2020 04:34:50 by Averia Light

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's always good to have a plan.
Yours sounds far more appealing than this individual's:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/nurse-who-spent-55000-plastic-22614519

I've never quite 'got' why people want to make their mouths look like a baboon's arse and have beachball-size breasts, but in her case there's clearly underlying mental health issues - she's utterly skeletal.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

02-Sep-2020 07:54:17 - Last edited on 02-Sep-2020 07:57:35 by FiFi LaFeles

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ehh, different people have different priorities, and looks seems to be on the top of her list.

I'll admitt that I thought about plastic surgery, but despite having the means to keep up with aging, I'm not going to. It is just a battle that I'm not going to win, haha. I do care about weight, but less caloric intake and eating clean usually means spending less money anyway.

Even hair dyes are something someone has to maintain and a good stylist charges 50-70 per session. Assuming a monthly maintenance schedule, that is 600-840 a year. I'd rather invest that much and look old.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

02-Sep-2020 10:47:29 - Last edited on 02-Sep-2020 10:48:07 by Averia Light

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mmmm, I'm not averse to people taking care of their looks, not even averse to moderate surgery if that's their thing. It just gives me the willies when they take it to extremes and make themselves look freakish.

I wouldn't have plastic surgery myself, or botox, fillers etc. I think I'm too lazy to keep up a regime like that and, anyway, I'm really not bothered about looking old; I don't regard ageing as something repulsive or to be ashamed of or to be hidden.

Having said that, I do dye my hair at home. If it were properly grey I'd leave it but it's a boring salt&pepper thing and I dislike it. I wouldn't pay anyone to do it, it's easy and cheap to do it yourself, lol.

I got a lady who comes to my house to cut my hair - last time I went to a Salon was years ago and I got the hump because they were charging for all sorts of things I didn't want, but wouldn't reduce the price when I said I didn't want my hair straightened (it's as straight as a bloody ruler anyway) and I didn't want their 'deep conditioning' product (I've got naturally greasy hair so why splat more shit on it) and I didn't want their pro-something-otic special shampoo yahdey yahdey.

Ahhh I should have posted this in Rants heh heh
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

02-Sep-2020 14:04:40

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mrs Ana said :
I thought that this explicitly means that I am allowed to post asking for clarification on a report of mine that was either looked at or not by an F-Mod. The recent change in Off-Topic to ban political discussions is a decision made by Community Management, not by the Forum Moderators. So, how does asking about this change fall within the realms of Forum Help?

Edit: The reason why I am mentioning this is because my own thread ( RE: Political Discussions ) was locked due to the fact that the ban of political discussions was never up for discussion, as stated by Mod Kari:

"Locking this thread. The change was never up for discussion and it's clear this conversation has run its course."

So, how is it all right to use Forum Moderation Review or Forum Help for such inquiries but a thread dedicated for it in Website and Forums is not? I'm not complaining about my thread being locked. I'm all right with Mod Kari's decision to lock it as there wasn't anything else to discuss, but I am trying to decipher the logic behind being able to use FMR/FH but not a dedicated thread in Website and Forums?
I believe the "clarification" rule in FH is for specific FMod action that was taken, not general forum rules or policies. If an FMod hides a post, or locks a thread, you can ask for clarification on why that action was taken. Of course, keep in mind, it's not an open invitation for a debate in FH on the action that was taken, but more of a "Hey, I don't understand, could you explain a bit better?" situation.
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

02-Sep-2020 17:17:25

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 8,998 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
I believe the "clarification" rule in FH is for specific FMod action that was taken, not general forum rules or policies. If an FMod hides a post, or locks a thread, you can ask for clarification on why that action was taken. Of course, keep in mind, it's not an open invitation for a debate in FH on the action that was taken, but more of a "Hey, I don't understand, could you explain a bit better?" situation.
Correct. I'm fully aware of that. I was simply asking because from what I understand, you also added to Twillow's post saying that you are able to post on Forum Help as well regarding the recent change in Off Topic.

02-Sep-2020 17:22:37

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mrs Ana said :
NexOrigin said :
Correct. I'm fully aware of that. I was simply asking because from what I understand, you also added to Twillow's post saying that you are able to post on Forum Help as well regarding the recent change in Off Topic.
No, Twillow's post was directly related to the question posed by Brig, which was basically "How was the post political?" after a post was hidden by Lou for being "political". It wasn't a question on the policy, it was a question asking for clarification on that specific action that was taken.
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

02-Sep-2020 17:38:53

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top