Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
I spied a Fifi in Prif a bit ago lol

Ohhh, I didn't see you :O

Then again, I don't take much notice of who is around me or what's going on, and my Public Chat is almost always turned off

I'll put you on my FL so next time you will be a green dot and I won't rudely pass you by ! ^_^
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

19-Aug-2020 17:03:34 - Last edited on 19-Aug-2020 17:03:57 by FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Two mobile phone scams for me in 2 days, lol.

First one was "from Amazon" with an automated call telling me my Amazon Prime account would be debited with £450 if I did't respond on the number provided within 12 hours. Riiiight. I don't actually have an Amazon Prime account so good luck with that one. It's not the first time this has happened to me.

Second one was a text "from HMRC" (the part of our Govt that deals with Taxation) advising me that I am owed £300+ in tax rebate, just log into this website ..... and give them my bank details so they can transfer the money O_o

The sad thing is, I expect many people fall for this nasty shit.
Le Chat Guerrier

19-Aug-2020 17:17:34

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I keep getting them about my TV licence and my direct debit not working. To click the link and fill in my details..... Like yes ok...... :P

I just forward to TVLicence people and they sort them.

Way too many scams these days and no wonder people still fall for them they look so convincing and legit.

Remember don't click links. :P
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

19-Aug-2020 17:52:02 - Last edited on 19-Aug-2020 17:59:46 by Tuffty

Shiavui

Shiavui

Posts: 50,740 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Two mobile phone scams for me in 2 days, lol.

First one was "from Amazon" with an automated call telling me my Amazon Prime account would be debited with £450 if I did't respond on the number provided within 12 hours. Riiiight. I don't actually have an Amazon Prime account so good luck with that one. It's not the first time this has happened to me.

Second one was a text "from HMRC" (the part of our Govt that deals with Taxation) advising me that I am owed £300+ in tax rebate, just log into this website ..... and give them my bank details so they can transfer the money O_o

The sad thing is, I expect many people fall for this nasty shit.
Of course they do. Otherwise you wouldn't be receiving them.

I, sort of feel sympathy towards people that fall for them, but at the same I don't. They are ancient scams, people shouldn't be falling for them.

19-Aug-2020 21:04:29

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Yes. But other people who are vulnerable to this sort of thing would perhaps be youngsters who are 'game smart' but only just getting into the internet for grown-up stuff and encountering this sort of quite clever scam for the first time. Or persons who, for whatever reason, have a low-ish I.Q. or maybe learning difficulties of some type.

Whilst I'd never click on an unsolicited link or return a phone call, the HMRC text was incredibly believable. I checked on their real site and they are aware of it.
Le Chat Guerrier

20-Aug-2020 00:40:22

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^things like this are going to happen more and more in my country as when we enter a shop you need to write down you name, address, phone number and email because of Covid-19. I only write my phone number and first name. I haven't got anything untowards yet. You can use a app and take a screen shot of this thing when you enter a shop, I can't get mine to work sadly so I have to write down my info on paper that everyone after me can read. Not many shops have this info hidden.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

20-Aug-2020 00:45:24

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I keep getting emails telling me that some prince in a far off land has died and I'm (somehow) the only beneficiary of his will, which is usually in the millions.

All I have to do is send £100 to cover "admin fees" and I'm a multi-millionaire.

Seems legit :P
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

20-Aug-2020 15:01:43

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top