Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Nex0rigin

Nex0rigin

Posts: 322 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
No, but I needed to choose between C#, C++ and Java to continue my degree in Computer Science. Right now, I'm just doing SQL data pulls (for report building), scripts, dashboards and basic automation professionally. I'm thinking Azure for more automation...but or IT person wants to start slow (and I like her so I won't just do it like I have with other companies).

So, nothing crazy...yet as I just proved how very helpful data analytics are to the company (as well as brought them to a modern paperless system), then the pandemic happened as well as an update to the enterprise software. BUT, they really liked what I have done so far and the pandemic highlighted how paperless and data analytics are necessary - especially when working from home.

Sounds like you're enjoying it, and doing well with it. ^_^

Averia Light said :
But, I asked about you. How are you? Are you back to working?

As for me, there's not a whole lot of work right now... with the whole shutdown and whatnot. I'm getting by, but, I gotta do something soon. Maybe I'll start a YouTube channel or something... be one of those Reddit readers or something... they seem to get quite a lot of views for the effort they put in. Plus, my gf bought me a Blue Yeti, so now all I need is some confidence. ;)
Some are born moose, some achieve mooseness, and some have mooseness thrust upon them

06-Jul-2020 18:20:21 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2020 18:21:58 by Nex0rigin

KristenThyss

KristenThyss

Posts: 345 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aslon Dak said :
Icy Spring said :
In celebration of America's birthday, here is the recipe for my signature American dish:

Icy's Vegan Braised Kale
-2 bunches kale
-4 cups reduced sodium chicken stock (the brand I use has 550 mg sodium per cup)
-1 small smoked ham shank
-1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
-Apple cider vinegar
-Hot sauce
(Optional: blanch the kale in advance to make it easier to stir in)

Tear kale into 2-inch strips, discarding woody stems. Place chicken stock, ham shank, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and hot sauce in a medium sized pot and bring to a simmer. Stir in kale, add 1/2 cup of water, then cover and let simmer, stirring once every 30 minutes for 2-3 hours.
wa lah

While I can't say I'm much of a kale fan, this does sound pretty good. Thanks!

I also can't say I'm much of a cook outside of RS. My Cooking level IRL is probably 1, and that's being generous. I read recipes like I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Ok, well that's not going to happen!" :P

Yeah, this does sound delicious! I think I might have to try this. :D

"Probably 1"? Generous indeed, but then you've had a talent for understatement for as long as I've known you, dear. :P Seriously, I hope you're having a lovely b-day. :)
All hail The Empty Lord!

06-Jul-2020 20:13:18

Ownage Omg

Ownage Omg

Posts: 14,364 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
No, but I needed to choose between C#, C++ and Java to continue my degree in Computer Science.
Idk about the USA but in the UK C#/Microsoft Stack is by far most popular with development jobs.
Hardstyle
|
@OwnageRS
|
OSRS
|
U
K

06-Jul-2020 20:15:52 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2020 20:16:09 by Ownage Omg

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not actually after a typical software developer job. I'm more in data analytics and information systems - specializing in ERP software and financial software integration and also specializing in manufacturing and PLC output and management on the backside. And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

06-Jul-2020 20:21:46 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2020 20:25:46 by Averia Light

Averia Light

Averia Light

Ownage Omg said :
You are the opposite of me that sounds like something I would wanna avoid lol

Lol, I get that a lot. It isn't as prestigious as other Comp Sci careers and I'm ok with that.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

06-Jul-2020 20:40:43

Averia Light

Averia Light

It doesn't pay as well as a computer software engineer, but it does pay well (80k+) for a 9-5, 40 hour a week, no travel (other than conferences) and low stress job. Plus, there is virtually no competition. And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

06-Jul-2020 21:01:41 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2020 21:02:10 by Averia Light

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top