Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wonder if it's National ...something... Day today, someplace in the world. There's always a National ...something....Day going on. Twillow used to be good at unearthing random National ...something... Days.

I'm in the mood for waving a bit of bunting and posting "Yay! Hurrah for National ...something...Day".
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

06-Jul-2020 02:35:09

Nex Origin

Nex Origin

Posts: 382 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
Heyyy it is nexus!

How are you?

Please keep in mind that I work full time and I am currently taking an accelerated course in C++...while chasing a 3 year old so it might be a bit before I see your response and respond...haha.
I'm good.

Nice, whatcha gonna do with the C++ when you're done? Any plans yet?
*whispers*

It's free real estate.

06-Jul-2020 02:55:01

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,241 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had no idea what it was, so I looked it up
(because it's better to be on the safe side of 'what does this even mean' than sorry)

This is Hand Roll Day

like a chica cherry cola

@Twillow_RS|| #teamblue|| #Purple4life

06-Jul-2020 04:22:07

Nex0rigin

Nex0rigin

Posts: 322 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Twillow said :
I had no idea what it was, so I looked it up
(because it's better to be on the safe side of 'what does this even mean' than sorry)

This is Hand Roll Day

Oh, it's "uncooked fish and rice day". I'm gonna have to pass on that one then.
Some are born moose, some achieve mooseness, and some have mooseness thrust upon them

06-Jul-2020 04:27:31

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
It's horsefly season in Blighty and I got bitten whilst out with the dogs this afternoon. Luckily I saw the damned thing on my wrist and got some cream onto the bite pronto, but it's still come up in a very big red welt.

Bloody horrible things. Worse than wasps imo.

I hate them bloody things. I have lumps on my arms I've had for 20-30 years. They have spolied some of my tattoos too.

Damn things are cursed. :P
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

06-Jul-2020 11:52:00

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex Origin said :
Averia Light said :
Heyyy it is nexus!

How are you?

Please keep in mind that I work full time and I am currently taking an accelerated course in C++...while chasing a 3 year old so it might be a bit before I see your response and respond...haha.
I'm good.

Nice, whatcha gonna do with the C++ when you're done? Any plans yet?

No, but I needed to choose between C#, C++ and Java to continue my degree in Computer Science. Right now, I'm just doing SQL data pulls (for report building), scripts, dashboards and basic automation professionally. I'm thinking Azure for more automation...but or IT person wants to start slow (and I like her so I won't just do it like I have with other companies).

So, nothing crazy...yet as I just proved how very helpful data analytics are to the company (as well as brought them to a modern paperless system), then the pandemic happened as well as an update to the enterprise software. BUT, they really liked what I have done so far and the pandemic highlighted how paperless and data analytics are necessary - especially when working from home.

But, I asked about you. How are you? Are you back to working?
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

06-Jul-2020 17:53:22 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2020 17:57:26 by Averia Light

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top