Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Posts: 28,499 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Nick, it's good to see you. :)

Hmm, okay for the most part I think. I was just starting a new job after finishing my studies when COVID took off here in the UK, and as I'd started working for a Local Government, I was pretty much thrown straight into the response. My usual data management work was put to one side, with myself and my colleagues being sent home to work from there. I've been helping to collect data on the whereabouts and status of vulnerable pupils, and helping to ensure they can have access to a laptop or tablet for their educational needs. I must confess, I'm starting to feel the strain of the added responsibility and I am feeling my stress levels increase. I'm lucky that my employer is very understanding in this regard, and they have provided us with access to mental health tools and daily updates, which have both been tremendous.

I know I've spoken to others on the forums about this, as my work has meant I've pretty much taken a forum break over the past few months.

I hope you're keeping well, it's great to see you're still engaging with the community!

08-Jun-2020 21:46:32

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just did the calculation and we will pay our house off on 4 years. That would be only 7 years out of a 30 year mortgage with no early payoff fee. This is the last of my "debt" (I have more equity than what I owe, so I don't see is as a true debt).

We are also highly motivated and paying extra so it would probably be more like 3 years left.

#Feelsgoodman #imold
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

10-Jun-2020 17:59:15 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2020 18:00:37 by Averia Light

Averia Light

Averia Light

I heard the housing market up there is insane. For reference, my house was about 100k for a fixer upper (and we've made a lot of upgrades) with no garage. It is about 800 sq foot with a basement that isn't included in the sq foot calculation. I think it is on 1/4 or 1/2 of an acre, but I could be mistaken about that as I don't have the specs in front of me.

It think up there such a place would go for 300-500k if I'm not mistaken.

So basically think of a one story house on a plot of land that is somewhat close to each neighbor (think like a driveway for one car on one side and maybe 2 or 3x this space on the other with a backyard that is maybe a bit bigger than the size of a typical pool you would find at your local youth center). The front yard is somewhat smaller than the backyard.

10-Jun-2020 19:13:33 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2020 19:19:59 by Averia Light

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
I heard the housing market up there is insane. For reference, my house was about 100k for a fixer upper (and we've made a lot of upgrades) with no garage. It is about 800 sq foot with a basement that isn't included in the sq foot calculation. I think it is on 1/4 or 1/2 of an acre, but I could be mistaken about that as I don't have the specs in front of me.

It think up there such a place would go for 300-500k if I'm not mistaken.

So basically think of a one story house on a plot of land that is somewhat close to each neighbor (think like a driveway for one car on one side and maybe 2 or 3x this space on the other with a backyard that is maybe a bit bigger than the size of a typical pool you would find at your local youth center). The front yard is somewhat smaller than the backyard.

Woof, sadly wishful thinking with that kinda price range...

"Single-family detached house prices in the city of Toronto, as of last month, were pegged at around $1.4 million while condos had the price tag of roughly $722,000. The average home in the GTA is predicted to be $900,000 in 2020"
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

10-Jun-2020 20:15:18

Averia Light

Averia Light

If you are talking downtown, then our numbers are obscenely high as well. I was thinking about houses just outside downtown - more in the suburbs. And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

10-Jun-2020 21:48:43 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2020 21:49:10 by Averia Light

Averia Light

Averia Light

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/335-Bridge-St-NW-APT-3001-Grand-Rapids-MI-49504/82313025_zpid/

For a low price of 2.2 mil you too can have a condo in downtown Grand Rapids!

I can't give a house price for downtown, because I don't believe one exists anywhere downtown. But just outside downtown, prices become more representative of our real housing market and I think Toronto is still dramatically higher than here.

10-Jun-2020 21:53:17 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2020 22:11:22 by Averia Light

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top