Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Oh wow, that's a lovely story ^_^
Such commitment and care is so rarely seen. It really put a smile on my face.

I was interested to read about the bramble, I know of it's properties but have never conversed with anyone else who has ever used it!

One of my bitches has recurring interstitial cystitis which had always been resistant to treatment. Since putting her on a home-made turmeric paste about 8 months ago she's free of it and the antibiotics, anti-inflammatories et al are in the bin, along with their nasty side effects!
There are so many leaves and plants that have incredible properties, and animals will self medicate with them should they be able to gain access to them. We gave the sheep willow when their arthritis was getting quite bad. I also use tree bark powder for Sid if he gets a dodgy tummy. Hadn`t heard of the turmeric cure though, that`s very interesting. Think it might be worth while getting a bit more knowledgeable about it.

24-Jan-2020 04:19:31

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Turmeric seems to be the latest "cure all" for us humans too, it's supposed to be good for all sorts of things.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

24-Jan-2020 17:15:39

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, I've read some of the wacky claims made about it with scepticism.
It's been used as an anti-inflammatory for a very long time by other cultures, however, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Mixing it with ground pepper is required, to aid absorption, and I use coconut oil to form the paste. Whether or not it's all just voodoo ... I've definitely seen positive results in my dog.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

25-Jan-2020 01:34:22

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sitting in a cafe while one of my son's is at the pool. Had a latte and a custard pie, didn't enjoy either really, while sitting not really enjoying what I brought I noticed the sandwich selection which I never noticed when I first came in :| wish I did I would of rather a sandwich or meat & cheese pie. Wasn't ready to leave so I ordered a pot of tea which I'm also not enjoying - I wonder if it's me rather than the food and drinks??

I wish I had a car to drop boys of places so I'm able to come home again. So here I am in a cafe texting and reading in RSOF :) better than being at the pool waiting on uncomfortable seats.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

27-Jan-2020 00:24:23

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

CM Nick said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Where've you been hiding?!

Sneaky little vacation back to see my folks and introduce them to the new missus :P

It went well and I got to pet a lot of dogs, and now I'm back!

Welcome back :) Can I ask where you from?

27-Jan-2020 00:26:06

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Oh yeah, when I went to order the pot of tea, I slid myself off the seat not realising I was already on the edge, completely lost my balance, bag fell under the table, I almost hit the ground and donged me head on a pole, somehow my right arm saved me, I yelled out shit as all this was taking place and thankfully only a little girl noticed I believe (I looked around quickly after recovering myself).

27-Jan-2020 00:35:38

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top