Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just noticed there is a Gaugin exhibition at the National Gallery. Think I'll trot along and see that, to brighten up a grey January day.

Not until a few days after New Year's Eve though, going to a partayyyyy and will probably get rekt.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

30-Dec-2019 15:14:19

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Glad to see it's not only the end of the year coming up, but the end of a decade... finally we'll havce a decade that will have a proper name: "The Twenties".

"Noughties" and whatever the last decade was called (the tens?) didn't seem right.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

30-Dec-2019 16:55:36

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rooh said :
Glad to see it's not only the end of the year coming up, but the end of a decade... finally we'll havce a decade that will have a proper name: "The Twenties".

"Noughties" and whatever the last decade was called (the tens?) didn't seem right.

Ooof yeah, "oughties" and "noughties" were rough, bring on the 2020s!

I couldn't be more excited for a new decade.
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

30-Dec-2019 20:31:58

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouse said :
I'm just happy to see the next decade of Liverpool fc winning after the decade of not winning we just went through!!!

Isn't it getting boring though, winning every week? Where's the variety!? ;)

I'll be seeing if United can continue their (very) small streak with a win over Arsenal tonight.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

01-Jan-2020 15:28:03 - Last edited on 01-Jan-2020 15:29:14 by Rooh

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Inspire you said :
If you're aged 18 - 45, there has never been a better time like the present to get yourself enrolled into a University.

I don't know about that, tuition rates are sky high in Canada these days, and the job market - especially as someone who just has a Bachelor's degree - is pretty slim. If anything I'd urge people to go into the trades!
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

05-Jan-2020 19:23:11

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you go into something with job prospects and get several credits at a less expensive college, you can get a degree for relatively cheap and benefit greatly. Several universities even have programs where you will still get the degree from their school despite having a lot of transfer credits. Grad school is also a lot easier to get into now, which surprised me.

I'm going back to learn Computer Science. It is already paying off in my first class as I am now doing SQL database programming, lol. And, the business/programming hybrid is very desirable right now...so I am sitting in a comfortable career position.

But if your college dream doesn't easily translate into an actual job... I'd suggest saving your money. College debt gets tacked on to nearly every credit situation you are in. I graduated with no debt, but when I applied for a mortgage on my house they didn't really believe I had no debt and went on and on about how college debt is subtracted from how much you can borrow. And in the housing market I am in, I pay half of what I would have paid in rent for my mortgage (if I weren't making extra payments to pay it off in 5 years).

Tl;dr: Get a degree in something that will get you a job otherwise it could haunt you when you go to use credit for a house or maybe even a car.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

05-Jan-2020 20:05:58 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2020 20:07:36 by Averia Light

The contents of this message have been hidden.

05-Jan-2020 20:11:21

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top