Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Emperor Dupe

Emperor Dupe

Posts: 2,629 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
What about pointers? Have you managed to get your head around pointers yet?

If that means what the variable is labelled as, then yes. If not, no.

I did figure out how to enlarge the room size & I made it 9999 x 9999 & then loaded the client & crashed my computer.
....... West & drop a single ore .

02-Jun-2019 11:42:15

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Emperor Dupe said :
NexOrigin said :
What about pointers? Have you managed to get your head around pointers yet?

If that means what the variable is labelled as, then yes. If not, no.
A pointer is like a variable, except it's not a variable, it points to the memory location of a variable.

Emperor Dupe said :
I did figure out how to enlarge the room size & I made it 9999 x 9999 & then loaded the client & crashed my computer.
If you never push the limits, you'll never know what the limits are. ;)
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

02-Jun-2019 16:59:03

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Man... I seem to make quite a few appearances on Reddit... even though I rarely use it.

Just did a quick search for "RSOF" in the r/runescape subreddit... and noticed how many of the posts in various images are from my accounts. :D

02-Jun-2019 19:51:20

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Oh yeah, I'm here, just eating some leftover pizza. ^_^

I'll quote the post here, so that others know what is being discussed:
Original message details are unavailable.
Nexus it was to stop Clans for naming and shaming anyone they booted. It's still in force falls under Naming and Shaming.
Nope. The blacklisting rule was very specific, and wasn't part of the "Naming and Shaming" rule (and it still isn't, unless you specifically name users).

I'll pass that thread along for review and see how it goes.

It's so out of date and not following the CoC. ;)
Which of the "Which Forum Rule" threads was this brought up in (versions 1-9 are all hidden, so I can't name the specific one)?

How many times does this specific issue need to be passed along to Jagex? They clearly have no interest in maintaining the forums...

The funniest thing is that it seems like none of the mods who direct users there have even read the Forum Offences thread, otherwise they would realize that the thread is not only highly outdated, but it also contradicts the current rules.

For example, here we have a mod stating that political discussions are okay, and then proceeding to direct a user to a thread that states political discussions are prohibited:
CM Brandon said :
..and to clarify, political discussions are okay.
[...]
Feel free to check out this thread for some guidelines on topics/discussions that should be avoided.

02-Jun-2019 20:10:40 - Last edited on 02-Jun-2019 20:15:50 by NexOrigin

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Better share it lol.

This Blacklist was a rule ages ago where Clans can't name anyone due to getting them negative comments and putting other Clans off recruiting them. We did have a thread many moons ago in a Clans section when the Clans section was more active. It's long since gone but the Blacklist rule is still in action where you can't name or shame saying eg Tuffty - Booted for being a troll.

As for the other issue the thread. It's been passed along. Not sure why nothing was done last time. But I'm assured it's gone higher up.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

02-Jun-2019 20:16:26

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Tuffty said :
Better share it lol.

This Blacklist was a rule ages ago where Clans can't name anyone due to getting them negative comments and putting other Clans off recruiting them. We did have a thread many moons ago in a Clans section when the Clans section was more active. It's long since gone but the Blacklist rule is still in action where you can't name or shame saying eg Tuffty - Booted for being a troll.
That's the naming and shaming rule. There was a very specific blacklisting rule, and I can't remember the specific wording but it was something along the lines of "stating who can or cannot post in a thread". It had nothing to do with naming and shaming, but more or less reasons like "Only people who agree with _____ can post".

Tuffty said :
As for the other issue the thread. It's been passed along. Not sure why nothing was done last time. But I'm assured it's gone higher up.
I'd say it was one of two reasons:

1. They just don't care about the forums anymore.
2. They have such a negative bias towards me that they simply dismiss any issues I raise.

Or maybe it's:
3. No one actually passes along the issues that I raise, they simply claim to have as to placate me in an effort to cease my concerns on the matter.

Either way, things don't seem to get resolved when I raise issues.

02-Jun-2019 20:21:45

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top