Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
I'm guessing it's a spoof since I can't see that image on the actual site of MPS Regents Park.
The post was made on the official, verified with a blue checkmark, Regent's Park Police twitter account. It wasn't a spoof post. It literally happened.

This is the same police department that was mocked for posting a picture of confiscated weapons... and included a spoon in the collection of weapons... confiscated from a charity thrift store.

You know.. because... spoons are dangerous... and they don't "want them to get into the wrong hands". lol.

https://twitter.com/MPSRegentsPark/status/1128259712984735744
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

21-Aug-2020 15:42:10 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2020 15:44:15 by NexOrigin

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The definition of 'offensive weapon' in the UK has always been subject to context.

In the right circumstances, your house keys can be considered an offensive weapon, too.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

21-Aug-2020 17:08:42

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Archaeox said :
In the right circumstances, your house keys can be considered an offensive weapon, too.
Sure, I would agree with that. If someone were using their keys as a weapon to attack someone, that absolutely would be an offensive weapon.

But, the spoon wasn't being used as a weapon... the spoon was confiscated from a thrift store, to prevent it from being sold and "falling into the wrong hands".

It wasn't an offensive weapon. It was a spoon. A silver spoon at that, making it less lethal than conventional spoons due to silver's natural antibiotic properties. ^_^

But hey, maybe it was an antique spoon worth a lot of money? Maybe they wanted to sell it on ebay?

Police rake in £1,700,000 after selling seized items on eBay
https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/26/police-rake-1700000-selling-seized-items-ebay-8758033/

21-Aug-2020 18:30:05

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Visited the latest link - what a very strange site - almost beyond belief. I had no idea it existed (well, I live out in the sticks not in that there dangerous London).

I was surprised to see on that link and the previous one the interest by so many American Tweeters - quite a few referncing their pleasure at gaining themselves independance from England in the 1700s.

I had no real inkling they hate and resent us so much still after almost 250 years. Maybe that's why they're keen to sell us chlorinated chicken.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

21-Aug-2020 22:22:16 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2020 22:22:54 by FiFi LaFeles

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

FiFi LaFeles said :
I had no real inkling they hate and resent us so much still after almost 250 years. Maybe that's why they're keen to sell us chlorinated chicken.
lol

Yes, because chlorinated water isn't a thing either, eh? ^_^
(that's why I don't like city water, or bottled water, I prefer natural well water)

I think most Americans who voice that opinion are doing so in reference to the lack of freedom available to those in the UK, compared to the freedoms afforded to American citizens.

21-Aug-2020 22:43:54

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not against chlorine itself, it's a very widely used substance.
It's the use of it in washing meat (especially chicken) which disturbs me. There have been suggestions that such washing removes surface contamination but not necessarily any internal/muscle contamination and is also disguising the prior poor management of the animal source and welfare, and the subsequent handling/storage etc. of the meat.

It's something I've just got interested in and am still reading around. My Jury is out.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

21-Aug-2020 23:24:12

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

FiFi LaFeles said :
I'm not against chlorine itself, it's a very widely used substance.
It's the use of it in washing meat (especially chicken) which disturbs me. There have been suggestions that such washing removes surface contamination but not necessarily any internal/muscle contamination and is also disguising the prior poor management of the animal source and welfare, and the subsequent handling/storage etc. of the meat.

It's something I've just got interested in and am still reading around. My Jury is out.
Unless you're eating raw chicken, there isn't going to be any chlorine in it. Chlorine evaporates at 100 Celsius. I assume you're cooking your chicken far above that temperature.

22-Aug-2020 00:42:37

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top