Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
I'm not against chlorine itself, it's a very widely used substance.
It's the use of it in washing meat (especially chicken) which disturbs me. There have been suggestions that such washing removes surface contamination but not necessarily any internal/muscle contamination and is also disguising the prior poor management of the animal source and welfare, and the subsequent handling/storage etc. of the meat.

It's something I've just got interested in and am still reading around. My Jury is out.
Unless you're eating raw chicken, there isn't going to be any chlorine in it. Chlorine evaporates at 100 Celsius. I assume you're cooking your chicken far above that temperature.

Well yeah, but like I said it's not the actual chlorine that bothers me. Europe (and quite a bit of America I believe?) drink the stuff in their tap water.

It's the before chlorine; what happens to make it necessary to wash chicken meat in chlorine. Sub-par pre-management? I'll have to read more stuff about all this.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

22-Aug-2020 08:31:09

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kiwi Magic said :
Hey do you guys like Extreme Cake Makers?

I like looking at their creations on the internet! Some of the things they have come up with are so clever and/or so beautiful it's hard to believe it's made from cake and icing. There's some very talented people out there :)
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

22-Aug-2020 08:34:08

Kiwi Magic

Kiwi Magic

Posts: 21,563 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Kiwi Magic said :
Hey do you guys like Extreme Cake Makers?

I like looking at their creations on the internet! Some of the things they have come up with are so clever and/or so beautiful it's hard to believe it's made from cake and icing. There's some very talented people out there :)

Yeah they are like artists
Make Your Own Magic

22-Aug-2020 08:37:19

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I grew up with both cats and dogs, so I never quite understood why people are like 'cats OR dogs?'
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

22-Aug-2020 12:24:39

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top