Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
I always put thinly sliced raw mushroom in my salad. I love the texture and taste.
Aaaaand ! I often snack on celery and raw carrot sticks - so yummy.

I nibbled on a raw potato once. Not very nice.

I use to buy raw mushrooms for my boys to keep them happy walking home from the supermarket, the older of the two just loved them. Not sure when I stopped giving it to them raw, both of them can't stand the cooked mushroom texture, they don't mind the raw.mind you they enjoy raw cauliflower amongst other raw veggies.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

26-Apr-2019 08:32:45

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
I can appreciate those choosing to do better with their lifestyles. Personally, I do enjoy meats and animal based products. I think more could be done from an environmental standpoint, but I think everyone has their own opinions on the most effective methods.

Veganism, or even just a healthier diet including meats, to me seems mostly impossible because (at least here in the US) 'organic' or 'healthier' foods tend to be more expensive than the cheaper, plastic versions of the same thing. Nobody likes to say it, but it can be quite difficult to afford a 'healthy' diet consistently.

Fizzy, chippies, sweets - junk food a hell of a lot cheaper than the healthy food :|
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

26-Apr-2019 08:34:59

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,639 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
I can appreciate those choosing to do better with their lifestyles. Personally, I do enjoy meats and animal based products. I think more could be done from an environmental standpoint, but I think everyone has their own opinions on the most effective methods.

Veganism, or even just a healthier diet including meats, to me seems mostly impossible because (at least here in the US) 'organic' or 'healthier' foods tend to be more expensive than the cheaper, plastic versions of the same thing. Nobody likes to say it, but it can be quite difficult to afford a 'healthy' diet consistently.

Agreed. Meat just tastes so damn good to quit it. I'm planning on trying the local Vegan restaurant to see if it can hold up to Meat. I know A&W's Beyond Meat Burger is actually pretty good.

26-Apr-2019 08:48:39

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, 'healthy' food in the UK caries a bigger price tag. Mainly in the form of the claim of it being 'organic' or 'ethically sourced'.

But, eating lots of fruit and veg is a healthy thing to do and ordinary veg here (without the fancy labels and claims) is reasonably priced.

I thinks it's a lot to do with convenience. I could buy two enormous supermarket pizzas for £5 and it'd take almost zero effort to unwrap them and shove them in the oven for 15 minutes.

Or I could spend £5 on a medium sized chicken and some veg and take the time to prepare and cook a much healthier meal.

I have no intentions of becoming vegan, or even vegetarian.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

26-Apr-2019 09:38:51

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top