Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ownage Omg said :
Brigantia said :
I'm currently safe in the UK with Chris
O you moved, that's pretty cool hope you're enjoying the weather. :P

I didn't move though lol I'm just visiting!
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

17-Apr-2020 15:38:41

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd like to move over here eventually, but that's a process for another time.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

17-Apr-2020 15:41:51

Vera

Vera

Posts: 16,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Elvishly said :
I just got an e-mail from Jagex that they removed my permban status. I was permanently banned over 3 years ago for macroing. Obviously, I wasn't. No apologies in the e-mail, no offer of free membership. Just a "hey, great news! we removed your ban!" ok. idc about p2p, i'm just saying.

and they, like, did it at a time when i was super depressed and unemployed and all i did was play osrs. and then i made a post on reddit and all i got were people siding with jagex. so on top of feeling helpless, it literally felt like a relationship of 10+++ years dumped my ass. i was obsessed with this game since i was 14 years old.

idk what else to say or how to feel, but it's whatever.

hope everyone is well and safe. love from new york. xx
ELVISHLY!!!!! Hi dear (this is Vivaire, from our time in OT with Markiv and Buuberries circa....2013?), I'm so sorry to hear that happened. That absolutely sucks and I'm so sorry that's the reaction you got---I'm glad you shared awareness about what happened, and I hope you're doing well.

P.S. If you happen to see this, my Runescape Twitter handle is @rsn_Vera. We can now share images embedded into posts, share links (as long as they're safe), as well as Twitter handles on the forums.
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

Very Vera | Join Nomad ! | Inform Yourselves | Forum Help

18-Apr-2020 21:55:21 - Last edited on 18-Apr-2020 21:57:21 by Vera

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
Nubby Nubnub said :
Dong U Dead said :
Spelling question:

Which wrapped is it:

Is it wrapped, rapped or rapt? - I don't believe it's rapt, I will still put it in there:

My boys were wrapped that I brought them a gift. My boys were wrapped I offered them ...
rapt
/rapt/

adjective
completely fascinated or absorbed by what one is seeing or hearing.
"a rapt teenage audience

oh, it is that word - it didn't sound like it on google :|

Thank you :D

personally I don't think "my boys were rapt that i bought them a gift" is correct and would say something like my boys were rapt with the gift I bought them

you could also say my boys were wrapped up with the gift I bought them as well

in your original wording I'd probably say my boys were pleased that I'd bought them a gift or my boys were excited that I'd bought them a gift

but that's just me sort of depends on what you're wanting to imply

18-Apr-2020 23:24:02

Vera

Vera

Posts: 16,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilf said :
personally I don't think "my boys were rapt that i bought them a gift" is correct and would say something like my boys were rapt with the gift I bought them

you could also say my boys were wrapped up with the gift I bought them as well

in your original wording I'd probably say my boys were pleased that I'd bought them a gift or my boys were excited that I'd bought them a gift

but that's just me sort of depends on what you're wanting to imply
Agreed with this; I think of 'rapt' being used in the phrase 'rapt attention'.

Also, I feel like "the boys were in love with the gift I got them" is a lot different than "the boys were in love with the fact that I got them a gift," which is why I think that "rapt with the gift" is more appropriate than "rapt over how I got them a gift."
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

Very Vera | Join Nomad ! | Inform Yourselves | Forum Help

19-Apr-2020 02:24:17

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top