Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ooooh! Actually, there was a programme on TV here not so long ago. An undercover team got employment in various "Iceland" stores - the warehouse storage areas more precisely - and the incoming foods were very inappropriately stored, especially the chilled and frozen stuff.

Temperatures too warm to be safe for the chilled stuff, frozen foods semi-thawing for days before they were put in the shop front freezers ... that kind of thing.

I've never shopped at Iceland because their stores are always so grubby and shabby looking, and the foods they offer look synthetic and nasty. But a lot of ppl did shop there because their stuff was relatively cheap.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

26-Apr-2019 10:11:58

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not surprised at all.

Where I worked before, (I worked in produce) a lot of the vegetables and fruits we had coming in were very improperly stored. My cooler was so full of mold dude.

I wasn't trained on how to deal with it tbh.

There were a lot of things that I straight up refused to partake in while working there though.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

26-Apr-2019 15:14:09

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Markiv13 said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Markiv13 said :
hey guys I can officially use the "doctor" title now, isn't that great

That's nice. Doctor of what?

doctor of philosophy

Well I expect congratulations are in order then :)

I know naff all about Philosophy; although I used to (at one point) type up the lecture notes for a Don at Lady Margaret Hall (Oxford), the entire subject was anathema to me, mainly because I couldn't make head nor tail or it, or see the point.

Nevertheless, my ignorance of it is inconsequential so well done on having achieved your qualification.

What are your plans now?
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

26-Apr-2019 16:59:36

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,019 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ghazgkull said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
No, please, bring it up.
You're among friends here.

let's just say when we receive a shipment at work it is already aged at least a week :) stinky af

Not bothered to read back but i hope you work in a cheese factory and not in a missing sock business.

Hi and much love

Scouse - Socks are for life, not just for christmas
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

27-Apr-2019 00:01:12

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CM Brandon said :
My veganism goes further than my diet though. (ie. I don't wear leather, fur, etc, or use any products that are made from any animal-derived substances.)
Only if it's not inconvenient though, right?

I mean, it's not like you're going to throw out things you use on a daily basis...

You're not going to throw out all your books... or your smartphone... your computer... your TV... your car... your bike... or refuse to use public transportation... you know, all those products which are made with animal derived substances that you require on a daily basis...

Or are you?

It'll be a short lived career as a CM if you decide not to use any products at all which have animal derived substances in them...
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

27-Apr-2019 04:05:29

Ghazgkull

Ghazgkull

Posts: 9,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouse said :
Ghazgkull said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
No, please, bring it up.
You're among friends here.

let's just say when we receive a shipment at work it is already aged at least a week :) stinky af

Not bothered to read back but i hope you work in a cheese factory and not in a missing sock business.

Hi and much love

Scouse - Socks are for life, not just for christmas

unfortunately not cheese lol
WAAAGH!!!

27-Apr-2019 04:33:22

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top