Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You have to drink bottled water? Can't use tap water? Or is that just emergency stuff in case of natural disasters?

My favourite cooking device is our ancient Slow Cooker (because I'm lazy). Soups, stews, casseroles, sauces for pasta ... everything gets lobbed in there and I walk away smiling cos it'll all be yummy by the evening.

We've got a small microwave but I only use it for defrosting the dog meat. I wouldn't know where to start if I had to try to cook something in it.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

19-Jan-2019 19:37:33

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
You have to drink bottled water? Can't use tap water? Or is that just emergency stuff in case of natural disasters?

My favourite cooking device is our ancient Slow Cooker (because I'm lazy). Soups, stews, casseroles, sauces for pasta ... everything gets lobbed in there and I walk away smiling cos it'll all be yummy by the evening.

We've got a small microwave but I only use it for defrosting the dog meat. I wouldn't know where to start if I had to try to cook something in it.

I always use tap water, but if a disaster happened, I wouldn't have enough stored water - I threw it all out as it was old.

I don't own a microwave. I have a slow cooker and they are fantastic.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

19-Jan-2019 19:41:11 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2019 19:42:21 by Dong U Dead

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think water has an expiration date. Technically, the water you drink is millions of years old.

Don't you know how to make a fire to cook on? Or are you in a place where you can't just build a fire?

I've got a generator for back up purposes, should the power be out for extended periods of time, however, because this rarely happens, I don't keep it filled with gas, nor do I keep a can of gas for emergencies (since the gas will go stale).
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

19-Jan-2019 19:50:04

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We have got a small generator, that's the Ole Man's department. I've no idea how to deal with it, lol. Thankfully, we've only used it for one day in the last 15 years.

Happy to say that the UK isn't noted for it's natural disasters!

I can make a fire and cook on it, learned that many years ago. I don't like skinning and gutting rabbits though.... yuk.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

19-Jan-2019 20:57:10

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I buy store water bottles just for emergencies and leave them at a couple of points around the house - but at the moment I have none. I usually have three 1ltre bottles in the fridge most days which i am constantly refilling with tap water.

I believe I have a torch and batteries left out that still work - I should check it all - I haven't' checked for over a year.

That's one thing when you are involved in a freaky earthquake you quickly go and get most stuff (what I could afford) and keep an eye on things - but no big earthquake for years you kinda slack off again. Naughty me.

I haven't got a yard, I have no grass. Beaches, parks or schools illegal. So no I can't just build a fire.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

20-Jan-2019 03:01:14 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2019 03:05:29 by Dong U Dead

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top