Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wouldn't be able to get to anywhere if it snowed hard, my car wouldn't cope with it.
On the other hand, the car wasn't built to cope with those sorts of conditions it's just a little runaround vehicle.

The Ole Man's would do better as it's 4WD, but would also cease to be adequate after a certain point as it doesn't have sufficient ground clearance like, say, a Land Rover-type vehicle.

The amusing thing is, all the people around here who own such vehicles stay at home when it snows. They have the means to get around but lack the knowledge of how to drive the vehicle they paid large sums of money for. It's all for bragging rights.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

20-Jan-2019 11:23:18

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I saw a comparison recently: 4 wheel drive vs winter tyres.

A front wheel drive car on winter tyres ran rings around a 4x4 on summer tyres in snowy conditions.

Obviously the best solution would be a 4x4 on winter tyres, but it was interesting to see how much difference winter tyres made, even on a 2 wheel drive car.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

20-Jan-2019 12:58:18 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2019 12:59:47 by Rooh

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
I wouldn't be able to get to anywhere if it snowed hard, my car wouldn't cope with it.
On the other hand, the car wasn't built to cope with those sorts of conditions it's just a little runaround vehicle.

The Ole Man's would do better as it's 4WD, but would also cease to be adequate after a certain point as it doesn't have sufficient ground clearance like, say, a Land Rover-type vehicle.

The amusing thing is, all the people around here who own such vehicles stay at home when it snows. They have the means to get around but lack the knowledge of how to drive the vehicle they paid large sums of money for. It's all for bragging rights.

I have to agree, it doesn't snow here and the amount of 4wheel drivers around the place, I live in the city and i'd say the majority don't go off 4wheel driving in rough domain.

Maybe it's a protection thing, they feel safe??
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

20-Jan-2019 22:41:32

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, it could be that they feel safer driving a large vehicle. They'd be even safer still if they learned how to drive them properly, lol !

The Ole Man drives for a living and I'd regale you with tales of his exploits, but I fear readers may become bored.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

20-Jan-2019 23:06:47

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top