Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've just had a lovely hot shower followed by lashings of Dolce & Gabbana body lotion, snuggled into a fuzzy onesie and giant slippers that look like pink rabbits (thanks, grandkids, lol).

Settling down now with a cup of hot chocolate ready to do battle with evil goblins and murderous cows.

Bring. It. On.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

19-Jan-2019 16:30:05

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't use the oven for heating purposes. It's a convection oven, and it turns itself off when you open the door (and back on when the door is closed).

I suppose I could find the door switch and jimmy rig it so it stays on.

I'm up to 64 degrees in the house now, so only a few more degrees to go now.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

19-Jan-2019 18:02:10

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Ketchup was the only tomato product in the house. I need to go shopping. lol

Generally I just buy premade pasta sauce, and there is half a jar of pasta sauce in the fridge, but it's been there for a while...

The ketchup concoction wasn't horrible. It wasn't amazing, but it did somewhat resemble the sauce you find in cheap canned pasta, such as spaghetti-os or zoodles, but with a bit more tang to it (because of the vinegar in the ketchup).
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

19-Jan-2019 18:09:52

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm a bit anal when it comes to shopping and having loads of food in the house. Possibly because I frequently went hungry as a child and it's irreparably damaged my psyche.

I've got 4 freezers and a whopping great larder for the tins and schizz, I know exactly what's in all of them and when it's got to be used by. Sad.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

19-Jan-2019 19:04:31

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

I don't buy a lot of "fridge" stuff. My fridge is generally fairly empty. Usually just milk, condiments, and perhaps a small amount of fruit/veggies. I'll take cheese or bacon out of the freezer to defrost in the fridge.

My freezer is usually full though. I buy a lot of meat when it's on sale, and throw it in the freezer.

I spent years without much food, and it irks me when people are say they have no food in their house, yet, their fridge and cupboards have all kinds of things in them. Just because it's not food they want to eat at that moment, doesn't mean it's not food.

When you're at that point in life when you're putting ketchup on crackers because that's literally all that you have to eat, then you have the right to say "There's no food in the house".

And yes, I have been at that point, sitting in an empty apartment on the floor watching a 13" TV that sits on a milk crate.

I think not having a lot of things in the past is the reason why I collect so much stuff in my life now. I see the value in almost anything.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

19-Jan-2019 19:15:42

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I live from week to week, if an earthquake or disaster happened today, we would be fine for a day or two maybe. I have enough water for one day - need more bottles, the ones I had stored were old and needed replacing which I ain't done yet. The food I got, except for spreads, a couple of loafs of bread, a couple of tins of fruit salad and tomatoes all need to be cooked, I don't have a cooking device outside of my stove. So we would be a family that would need to go to one of those rescue places if my house hasn't fallen down the cliff and killed us.

I do have plenty of frozen meat, frozen veggies I could get about a week out of.

broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots can be eaten raw <- we have this too, but wouldn't last long without a fridge, especially since our supermarket doesn't stock fresh stuff, well my carrots are getting brown/black gunk on them and are bendy after around four days, it really pisses me off, it truely does.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

19-Jan-2019 19:25:19 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2019 19:31:59 by Dong U Dead

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top