Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh dear. Well, I suppose that's quite sad really. Unless you are happy not to have anyone in your life that you want to keep in touch with.

I use a landline to phone my friends, short and sweet to set up a get-together or longer for a natter with those further away. But I would find the constant minute-by-minute contact with people irritating. Especially if they were sending me pictures of their dinner and other boring, irrelevant information.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

17-Dec-2018 13:27:14

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh yeah, well, I see where you're coming from.
I sort of know how to use that (and I mean 'sort of') cuz the Ole Man used to have one.

Mine is (I think) a Nokia 130 - so seriously obsolete, lol!
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

17-Dec-2018 15:21:43

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I bought my first smartphone last year prior to that it was a nokia 1100

It is convenient having internet at work otherwise it was having to drive home to do emails order things get phone numbers etc

First one didn't last 6month though that's the only trouble more chance of damaging them front of the 1100 wore away

Plus when I'm on the pigeon wagon in a field in the middle of nowhere I can alleviate the boredom and come post on the forums!

17-Dec-2018 16:59:27

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Niyah said :
I've always hated phones, and because I don't have friends or people to contact, I have no reason to currently buy one.

I am vehemently against people using them when in my presence too. Unless they have a legitimate reason to use one. Such as an emergency.

I also find it rude texting or talking on the phone when your in company, unless the person says they are expecting a phone call or like you said it's an emergency.

I have been out and about, like down the beach and a group of young ladies or older teens all in a row texting or walking past a restaurant and you see couples or even just one person texting. Often you see people walking down the street talking on the phone or on the buses having conversations you can hear. Times have changed.

I got my first mobile phone for a relieving job 12 years ago, since then I couldn't do without one. I don't like talking on the phone, I prefer to text. And they are a lot cheaper than a landline - so I don't have a landline anymore, I don't' need it. I very rarely use up text or talk time, my internet usage on the phone slightly gets used and I mean slightly. At the moment I am paying off a phone so I have to use their price range, so for the next year or two (I can't remember if it's a two year or one year contract) which is a lot more expensive for the monthly usage fee, about $30 more a month - once the phone is paid off, it will go back down to $10 a month, if the prices are still the same. For $10 you get 1k text and so many free talking minutes which I have never used up and 1 gig I think of internet which I use to use up in a week or two <- that's how much I use to text on RSOF.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

17-Dec-2018 17:15:30 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2018 17:21:24 by Dong U Dead

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
Niyah said :

...I am vehemently against people using them when in my presence too. Unless they have a legitimate reason to use one. Such as an emergency.

I also find it rude texting or talking on the phone when your in company, unless the person says they are expecting a phone call or like you said it's an emergency.

That's a pet hate of mine too, it's so rude.

I've even seen shop staff continuing to talk on the phone or text as they serve someone - and vice versa, a customer who can't put their phone down for three seconds while they order something.

As for using while you're out in a restaurant, there's an answer to that:
Pile all phones in the middle of the table, first one to check theirs pays the bill.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

17-Dec-2018 18:09:20 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2018 18:11:07 by Rooh

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top