Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Over 120,000 people have petitioned against it so far, in the last 6 days.

It's being upheld in court, and it's absolutely disgusting.

I don't understand how someone could do something so horrible, and have it upheld in court, as though this was something normal, and that people should just accept it as part of the social norm.

Social Justice is cancer. Social Justice destroys lives. Social Justice destroys society.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

04-Dec-2018 10:59:36

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
I literally want to cry over this, and at the same time, it makes me so mad.

#SaveJames

I just read up on this shit.

It's like giving a 6 year old Adderall or Ritalin simply because they were diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, and since they have no medical agency...yea...

Like doctors and other medical professionals (which is disappointing, considering the kid's mother is one) need to fucking wake up- children are not fucking lab rats.

Adderall (the generic name for it is a salt combination that is way too long for me to post it here) and Ritalin (Methylphenidate) are C-II controlled substances in America (For perspective: Heroin is a C-I controlled).

You're basically dooming that kid.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

04-Dec-2018 13:35:42

Southeaster
Nov Member 2014

Southeaster

Posts: 15,318 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Dear God. She's insane and needs to be stopped. The child is not her toy.

We don't know all the details yet, specifically the perspective of the mother.

The SaveJames website is run by a friend of the father, and the only articles on this issue so far have been from news sources that promote an anti-LGBT perspective.

All the 'evidence' (if you can call it that) that James is indeed a boy has been from that website. It's the father's word against the mother's.

And I took a brief read through the court documents, and found this:

Specifically, James is a gender expansive or transgender child and, by choice, now goes by the name Luna and is only known by her classmates as a girl. In the Order, the Petitioner/Mother was given the exclusive right, after notifying the Father, to consent to psychiatric and psychological treatment of the children. The Mother sought proper psychological treatment for the child and kept the Father fully informed.

In response to Luna's choices, the Father has engaged in increasingly aggressive behavior, including physical force, toward the Mother.
His actions are clearly intended to threaten and intimidate the Mother. Further, the Father has engaged in emotionally abusive behavior toward the child (as example only, haircutting and other non-affiming actions), Although unclear if this behavior rises to the level of family violence at this time, the Father's aggression is becoming more common and more intense.

The court document can be found at this link:

http://savejames.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Younger-VS-Georgulas.pdf

I'm not saying that I side with the mother. And I don't believe that at age six the kid is mature enough to correctly identify his/her gender on his/her own.

Until we receive testimony from a psychiatrist or some other qualified individual on the child's gender orientation, it's best not to jump to conclusions.
Runescape Forumers Discord Server

04-Dec-2018 14:09:38 - Last edited on 04-Dec-2018 14:12:56 by Southeaster

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top