Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On an entirely unrelated note, I was reading, with grim amusement, the responses given recently on FMR (as one does).

At the time I was slightly taken aback that the JMod chose to reveal the alt names of some individuals. This is something of a departure from the norm, if memory serves, and I idly wondered what sort of backlash (if any) there would be.

I've noticed one complaint to being 'outed'; there may have been more but I've not been around as much as usual to see it.

I'm not sure how I feel about it ... is it a breach of privacy, I wonder?
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

04-Jun-2019 11:00:53

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, I saw those two deadnaming instances as well.

I mean, it's one thing to deadname my alts as it's pretty obvious that they're all me... (even though they like to pretend on FMR that they don't know they're all my alts). It's another thing to just outright deadname people who may not want others to know who their alts are.

Imagine if someone on the forums decided to deadname all the FMod alts. I bet that would result in a ban pretty quick.
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

04-Jun-2019 11:06:00

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

I'm attempting to look at the positives in that, no doubt, the protagonists in certain long-running quarrels and feuds might now know that they are being baited or disagreed with by the same person, on alts, attempting to stir trouble. Which may result in the 'offended' person shrugging their shoulders and thinking "Oh, it's just ...... again, what a dork I'll ignore it".

I can't think of any other reason for it.
Le Chat Guerrier

04-Jun-2019 11:13:44 - Last edited on 04-Jun-2019 11:14:11 by FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

No, I want to be a happy person.

Something that just made me feel happy and say "WOW" very loudly .....
Two Spitfires and a Lancaster bomber (or might have been a Wellington) just flew really low over my house, decked in their WW2 marks.

The sight was awesome and the noise from their old engines a treat for the ears.

I frequently have the Spitfires coming over as they fly pleasure trips from a not-too-distant small aircraft field, but it's the first time a bomber has flown this low.

I'm assuming it's something to do with Trump's visit to the UK.
Le Chat Guerrier

04-Jun-2019 12:20:07

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

This must be my day for Politics lol:

I'm embarrassed to see the antics of Trump protesters. Like him or loathe him he's the President of the USA for chrissake and absolutely he should be here on a State Visit.

Not to mention the lucrative trade deals he may be offering, post-Brexit.
Le Chat Guerrier

04-Jun-2019 12:25:41

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top