Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On the topic of chlorinated water, I swear they change the filtration process for the water here weekly.

At times it's imsanely chlorinated, to the point the tap water smeels like a city pool, at times it's so heavily filterd it makes you gag. It's just constantly changing.

A big part of it has to do with where we are. Depending on the time of year we are having mountain snowmelt runnoff, stagnant resivoir dranaige, aquafirm extraction, desaltified ocean water, or anything inbetween. And then theres the fires which can further contaminate the water as well. Heavy metals and ash from entire cities and forests going up in flames.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

04-Jun-2019 13:01:04

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not too phased about the chicken thing.
It probably is a load of manky, contaminated shite but that doesn't mean I have to eat it.

New Zealand lamb is very cheap here compared to British lamb but I won't buy it, or products made from it, as the bulk of their exports are Halal slaughtered. As I am not from that religion, I refuse to support the practice, so don't buy the meat. Our food labelling systems here are insufficient to identify what is what.

I eat a lot of chicken, British, but only if it's from assured sources providing the best animal welfare available (currently Marks & Spencer). I pay a lot for it but since I don't plan to be a vegetarian I figure I might as well support cruelty and poor welfare as little as possible.

Anyway, I don't recall seeing anything about hundred and thousands of Americans dying due to infected or chlorinated chicken.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

04-Jun-2019 13:34:38

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Anyway, I don't recall seeing anything about hundred and thousands of Americans dying due to infected or chlorinated chicken.
Chlorinated chicken isn't the issue... stupid people are:
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

04-Jun-2019 14:04:58 - Last edited on 04-Jun-2019 14:05:19 by NexOrigin

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Chlorinated chicken isn't the issue... stupid people are:
That looks disgusting. Eating undercooked chicken is just you asking for salmanilla poisoning.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

04-Jun-2019 15:26:33

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've always been curious why people eat chicken sashimi in Japan. Is it just because they source their chickens from farms that use different practices and are more clean?

It's kind of messed up that here in Canada we have to cook chicken (if you eat animals, that is). Maybe we should try to hold our farmers to decent standards?
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

04-Jun-2019 17:19:29

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top