Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raleirosen said :
Dong U Dead said :
Umm, my comment in articles are world wide - its the internet Raleirosen...
I was joking, but I figure that most of the people browsing the New Zealand version of MSN are going to be from New Zealand. Not sure how it works, though.

MSN - I wouldn't have a clue how many use it, there comment section sucks, sucks big time, the last time I commented on one of there articles was last year some time - no one comments on them, very rarely you'd get a comment. I have seen one American comment and I think a couple of kiwi comments - this is it over a 2.8 year period. A little while ago MSN stated they are closing there comment section to review it and fix it to make it more user friendly <- not sure how this is going.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

27-Aug-2017 02:01:58

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :
Where is/are the father(s)?

The father is slaving his ass off servicing Wal-Marts, making 40 grand or so a year for 5 people, so at least can understand why he'd be somewhat lazy (not really, but gotta give the BotD here)- I wouldn't wanna do anything either if I had to come back to a willfully indolent wife (I'd say farm animal, but that'd be excessively harsh) every night after travelling across half the state.

Averia Light said :

And if the father(s) is/are in the picture, why are you so hard on your sister but not the father(s)?

Because unlike her, he's doing this thing known as WORKING. Granted, it's not making ends meet like how they want, but at least he attempts to make some level of societal contribution.

Would you say that lowering expenses has an equal impact on available funds as much as increasing revenue would impact available funds? If so, would you say that what your sister would pay in childcare costs should be considered?

Although I agree that you shouldn't have kids if you can't afford them, I also feel like the father could abstain as well and is equally at fault for the situation they are in. After all, he knew that she was apparently garbage and that they couldn't afford another kid. (Unless he was tricked, ofc)
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

27-Aug-2017 03:00:19 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2017 03:00:50 by Averia Light

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :

Would you say that lowering expenses has an equal impact on available funds as much as increasing revenue would impact available funds?

That would imply fiscal responsibility, which on one hand they claim they're poor (They're on Medicaid and receive WIC/SNAP), but he can take his biological daughter out to Kentucky to see the eclipse. Mind you, that IS good quality time, but when you're having to call your billing company regularly saying you can't make the payments on time...

Averia Light said :

If so, would you say that what your sister would pay in childcare costs should be considered?

Considering my mother has volunteered to look after her kids while she was out at work (or school), that cost is, by and large, irrelevant. I'm also fairly certain the father's parents also volunteered. Hence what I mean by "willful" when I say things like "willful laziness/indolence"

Averia Light said :

Although I agree that you shouldn't have kids if you can't afford them, I also feel like the father could abstain as well and is equally at fault for the situation they are in. After all, he knew that she was apparently garbage and that they couldn't afford another kid. (Unless he was tricked, ofc)

It's...complicated.

She quit her management job because of more elevated management being idiotic backbiters apparently (tough shit, it's the fucking business world), and hasn't been back in employment since.

What's more disappointing is what went on before that- she was valedictorian, graduated high school at 16, has a higher IQ than me (she's 160, while I capped the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (132, meaning at least 132)), and was going to a premier uni for biomedical engineering, buuuuuuut she flubbed that up.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

27-Aug-2017 07:09:34

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Raleirosen said :
reaction where other responses to Team Skull's (very boring) story didn't.

Hey, I'm a very boring, insufferable asshat- what more can I say? :P
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

27-Aug-2017 07:13:11 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2017 07:53:41 by Team Skull

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Poshpants said :
When working for Walmart is contributing to society more than breeding. Gf America lool.

I mean, if you're having kids you can't afford and shoving the onus of childcare onto the taxpayer, that makes the child(ren) a liability instead of an asset, which isn't a contribution, but rather a sink, which given the sociopolitical climate right now, is probably the LAST thing needed.

27-Aug-2017 07:14:54 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2017 07:15:45 by Team Skull

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Ancient Drew said :

As for her problems, I would recommend talking to her or, if that was done, her children.

I already have, and my other sister (a RD and I am very proud of her (she is more of a mother to me than my biological mother)) offered to help her get physically healthy and on an appropriate diet.

That obviously went nowhere.

It's basically gotten to the point where I talked with my biological father (who I didn't see since I got into a fistfight with him when I was 15) to talk to her about her indolence.

What happens with that remains to be seen.

As for her children, one of them is not blood-related, and I'm not trying to pick unnecessary fights with the father, while the other kid is literally too young to understand basic sentences, let alone have an actual conversation.

27-Aug-2017 07:40:25 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2017 07:57:46 by Team Skull

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Shady Nick said :
Why are people trying to assign victimhood to Skull's sister? So long as what Skull is saying is true, how can his sister be the victim at this point?

Skull, you said you've never met anyone irl like the person in the picture - you're surrounded by them here.

Well, my eldest sister DID Feel the Bern...as did her husband, who used to be Republican. He's now a hard contemporary liberal, which is another story for another day.

They never really were outright with their beliefs though, so *shrugs*

27-Aug-2017 08:08:38

Poshpants

Poshpants

Posts: 3,879 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Poshpants said :
When working for Walmart is contributing to society more than breeding. Gf America lool.

I mean, if you're having kids you can't afford and shoving the onus of childcare onto the taxpayer, that makes the child(ren) a liability instead of an asset, which isn't a contribution, but rather a sink, which given the sociopolitical climate right now, is probably the LAST thing needed.

When you value money more than your family because money was invented before breeding.

27-Aug-2017 10:34:28

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Poshpants said :
Team Skull said :
Poshpants said :

When you value money more than your family because money was invented before breeding.
Breeding was around since the Earth got water, long before insects were the size of cars let alone dinosaurs roaming the planet.. Financial accounting records had been made since ancient Mesopotamia, which was a bit over 7,000 years ago.

Edited for grammar. Not with it today.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

27-Aug-2017 10:45:14 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2017 10:45:42 by Ancient Drew

Poshpants

Poshpants

Posts: 3,879 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
Poshpants said :
Team Skull said :
Poshpants said :

Breeding was around since the Earth got water, long before insects were the size of cars let alone dinosaurs roaming the planet.. Financial accounting records had been made since ancient Mesopotamia, which was a bit over 7,000 years ago.

Edited for grammar. Not with it today.

Yeah... I know... It's called sarcasm.

27-Aug-2017 10:48:15

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top