Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shady Nick said :
Why are people trying to assign victimhood to Skull's sister? So long as what Skull is saying is true, how can his sister be the victim at this point?

Skull, you said you've never met anyone irl like the person in the picture - you're surrounded by them here.
Making an observation that someone may be suffering from depression/mental health issues is not 'assigning victimhood', just considering different possibilities for what he says are his sister's problems, other than being lazy, which she may very well be.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

26-Aug-2017 19:14:44

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Team Skull -If you don't like other peoples points of views don't bring it into the fourms.

I am only hearing your side of the story and what you've said so far if I was your sister I'd tell you to ____ ___! The way you talk about her makes me wonder how you treat her.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

26-Aug-2017 21:53:06

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
jesus christ lol
Dong U Dead said :
I am only hearing your side of the story
So why would you leap to judgment and take his sister's side?
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

26-Aug-2017 22:28:59 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2017 22:30:57 by Raleirosen

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Raleirosen said :
jesus christ lol
Dong U Dead said :
I am only hearing your side of the story
So why would you leap to judgment and take his sister's side?

I haven't taken his sister side as such; I am only seeing what I read and by what I read I don't like.

26-Aug-2017 22:44:08

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong, you're forgetting that Skull has autism and has had similar obstacles of his own, yet has managed to overcome them himself. For anyone in that position to see their older sibling stewing away is bound to be infuriating, especially as she had been the manager of a jewellery store before. She seems to be very much in a rut of her own.

Anyway, it does seem that she is indeed depressed, and any experience in family at all, even if it's just your own, will tell one that all families have their complexities and different ways of upbringing. As for her problems, I would recommend talking to her or, if that was done, her children.

My own family has health issues derived from addiction, mainly alcohol and tobacco, though some gamble and I think eating can be considered an addiction as well. If something's used as a cushion for depression, one might find themselves trapped in a cycle of desperate need that only they can break.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

26-Aug-2017 23:03:57

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

I am not forgetting he has Autism; anyone no matter what disabilities affect them has no right to speak about another human being in that way and yes I wonder how he speaks to her, knowing how he is in these forums and his words towards her - I think he needs to have a good hard look at himself before he goes to his sisters and voice his opinion from this day forward. As if he's going about it all wrong he will more likely cause more hardship, stress and strain than what his sister needs.

26-Aug-2017 23:54:31

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
anyone no matter what disabilities affect them has no right to speak about another human being in that way
Totally wrong. And again, you're leaping to his sister's defense and passing judgment on Skull with only his side of the story to go on. That's also totally wrong.
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

27-Aug-2017 00:08:28 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2017 00:09:46 by Raleirosen

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Raleirosen said :
Dong U Dead said :
anyone no matter what disabilities affect them has no right to speak about another human being in that way
Totally wrong. And again, you're leaping to his sister's defense and passing judgment on Skull with only his side of the story to go on. That's also totally wrong.

I am going by his words alone and his words have brought forth my comments.

27-Aug-2017 00:21:08

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
Where is/are the father(s)?

The father is slaving his ass off servicing Wal-Marts, making 40 grand or so a year for 5 people, so at least can understand why he'd be somewhat lazy (not really, but gotta give the BotD here)- I wouldn't wanna do anything either if I had to come back to a willfully indolent wife (I'd say farm animal, but that'd be excessively harsh) every night after travelling across half the state.

Averia Light said :

And if the father(s) is/are in the picture, why are you so hard on your sister but not the father(s)?

Because unlike her, he's doing this thing known as WORKING. Granted, it's not making ends meet like how they want, but at least he attempts to make some level of societal contribution.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

27-Aug-2017 00:28:22

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top