Forums

Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

Lady Deluxe

Lady Deluxe

Posts: 44,440 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, just sitting in my lounge, legs up, relaxed and reading, got the french doors wide open. When in hops a bird, I know he saw me, and he hoped around dining area, tweeting the whole time, when his partner or brother came hoping along the deck, didn't come in - then of they went together.

Not sure what type of birds :)

29-Jan-2015 22:01:14

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wish I was better at identifying the bird calls to the birds. Still, I now know a couple more than I did last year - Buzzard and Little owl.

We have quite mild weather in comparison to elsewhere, so the birds should be getting along Ok and not struggling for food too much. Lots of fat balls and suet feeds dotted around, as well as the seeds and nuts.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

30-Jan-2015 21:26:40

Lady Deluxe

Lady Deluxe

Posts: 44,440 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love the sound of the Tui, such a distinctive sound :)

In one of my older homes, I had a or several (not sure) fantails, always came and sat on the window ledge - I was told this was bad luck - it certainly didn't feel like bad luck :)

30-Jan-2015 21:47:58 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2015 21:49:56 by Lady Deluxe

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had been thinking of getting a bird table, but the thought of rats on it make it seem a little less attractive. At the moment I have the feeders hanging around in the trees and bushes attached to carabiner clips.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

31-Jan-2015 09:34:08

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not too bad on the common birds where I live. If I hear a call when walking I think what it is and then try and find it to make sure once, and then when you've got all the common ones covered anything a bit different should hopefully stand out.

How about a hanging bird table?

31-Jan-2015 11:43:39

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top