Forums

Forum Moderator Appreciation. Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 181-182-399-64817577

Bryanqwert

Bryanqwert

Posts: 918 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Vivaire

I'll give Arch a poke incase he doesn't happen to see your post.

Although our clan chat is set to members only, you're always more than welcome to pop into our FC (Carousers) to have a chat at your leisure :)

-

While I'm here, guess I'll give out some FMod love too. This one's to you,
Archaeox
! For all your constant work in RGU. I generally get a chuckle when I read your posts and you *definitely* help keep the forums nice and tidy.

Also, a big shout out to
Canada Grrl
who has also been working hard in RGU lately :) Keep up the great work, and thanks for the penguin hunting threads! Helps heaps when I slack off and miss my clans hunt.

===

27-Jan-2016 19:29:26 - Last edited on 27-Jan-2016 19:37:14 by Bryanqwert

Archaeox
Dec
fmod Member

Archaeox

Forum Moderator Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ow! *glares at Bryan a bit*

Vera said :
Archaeox, I may not agree with the level of tact in some of your fmod posts, but I like you as a person.

Ohai. You're right, I'm not especially tactful, I like to think it's part of my charm :P but actually it's just because I'm naturally grumpy. Especially if I haven't had coffee recently. I basically live on coffee.

Vera said :
I remember hearing about Caped Carousers before official clans were even a thing, back in around 2009... Archaeox, I'm super curious, what made you start Caped Carousers? What is the story behind it?

Yes, we've been around since 2008 :) It started because in-game pub crawls weren't a thing, and I thought they should be.

Vera said :
And then someone said that you were a fossil

I was first F-modded back in April 2007. There are a couple of current FMods who were modded before that, though...

Vera said :
What were the people like then, and what are the people like now? What has kept you on Runescape for so long?

A lot of the people are actually the same people! The Carousers have a very, very low rate of member churn; people who stay a couple of months usually end up staying for years and years. We're like a Hotel California of clans :P

Vera said :
LOL why are you a fossil/ARCHAE-ic? (woah dude is that how you got your dsn? are you geriatric)

Well done on being one of the few people to get the root of the name right... it's mainly because I'm an archaeology graduate ;)

Feel free to drop me a line in game sometime... Questers with brains and a sense of humour are my favourite kind of people ;)
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

27-Jan-2016 20:08:19 - Last edited on 27-Jan-2016 20:08:36 by Archaeox

Vera

Vera

Posts: 16,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lumine
is so cool!! :O Thank you
Bryan
and
Arch
for inviting me to the Carousers friends chat. Very interesting personalities and discussions, lol.

I also wanted to mention
Applejuiceaj's
posts. I don't keep tabs on the posting profiles of fmods so I can't properly "appreciate" all of them, but I happened to come across some of Sauce's fmod posts that were just very...really good fmod posts!

They were amazing fmod posts in that they were clearly explained and nonjudgemental, and focused on improvement. They effectively educate the offender on the RSOF expectations without making them feel indignant or misunderstood.

How to rant about players (or rather, Jagex's lack of action against such players) without actually ranting about players

This one made me lol (Though his last sentence is a sentence fragment)
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

Very Vera | Join Nomad ! | Inform Yourselves | Forum Help

01-Feb-2016 04:40:58

Ahu

Ahu

Posts: 4,783 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Edit:
I have nothing nice to say. Nevermind.
"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape."
-
Andrew Gower

05-Feb-2016 15:08:59 - Last edited on 12-Feb-2016 01:41:05 by Ahu

The contents of this message have been hidden.

06-Feb-2016 16:00:06

Alexander
Dec Member 2013

Alexander

Posts: 4,858 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fmods are terrible people and should be gone from the forums! :O

I kid. :p

Fmods are really great people and I know a couple of them personally. :) Well, not personally... You get what I mean.

But, they play a major role on the forums and many of these mods are very active, friendly, supportive, and very fun overall. Sooo, thank you. ^_^

(I'm tired at the making of this post, yeah. :p )
Alexander
| Forum Help | Support Center | OSRS Advice CC

11-Feb-2016 05:32:04 - Last edited on 11-Feb-2016 05:32:22 by Alexander

Vera

Vera

Posts: 16,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mexk said :
Redacted
: Regardless of what might have happened in-game, or off-site, there's never a justified reason to throw a tantrum of the magnitude you've accomplished here. Not only is it disruptive to the entire thread, it is also enormously inappropriate and immature. It is impossible to determine what is happening behind the monitors, which is why you need to treat things with care and mutual respect. It's very troublesome to draw conclusions when you only have a small glimpse of the entire picture, and continuing to discuss something with the clear intent of flaming others is a big no go. What exactly happened I do not know, but despite you claiming others started, your posts were by far the most troublesome and took responsibility for several, equally troublesome replies. I'll be online later tonight and hope you will get in touch with me if you have further concerns or comments on the matter.

Redacted
and others: In situations which are bound to derail a thread and cause disruption , it is simply better to report directly on Forum Help and avoid responding. It is not helping anyone to respond, and, as you've experienced yourself, manages to push the wrong buttons on your end too. There's furthermore no reason to tease other players with responses known to cause reactions; especially not when it isn't done as a mean of bantering. As with
Redacted
, I'll be online later tonight if you have further concerns.

Thanks, [trails to siggy]
Thank you
Mexk
for respectfully dissipating this situation. As a result of the respect and emotional maturity in your post, I noticed no one felt aggrieved enough to scapegoat fellow forumers. (Since due to the power difference they wouldn't have been able to take it out on you.)

Quote link changed so drama llamas can't peeky peekpeek.
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

Very Vera | Join Nomad ! | Inform Yourselves | Forum Help

17-Feb-2016 08:04:18

Quick find code: 181-182-399-64817577 Back to Top