Forums

Disk Appreciation Thread

Quick find code: 17-18-165-66220558

B o

B o

Posts: 1,513 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi all,

I just wanted to make this thread to see if there were other people out there who liked Disk of Returning. It was one of the first rare items I ever bought many years ago, and I've just always liked the item ever since.

I asked a fair few friends for their opinions on disk somewhat recently, and the consensus was along the lines of "Disk is complete trash, junk item" or "I'd never touch it ever unless it was a deal too good to refuse" (those damn merchers am i right xD)

I think these are fair opinions, because it is an item that you can't really do anything with or even wear like other rares. It just kinda sits in your bank and looks cool, with the added benefit of not being able to eat it like an Easter egg, Half Wine, Pumpkin.

This thread is mainly to see if there are fellow disk fans out there, but also for general discussion about the disk. I've heard that despite it being a very niche, mostly useless item, there a fair few others who also really like it. Whether it is because they like the story behind the item, or the supposed rarity, or simply due to the fact it looks like a delicious doughnut.

So if you are a disk of returning fan please comment on this thread to show your love for the forbidden purple doughnut. Other general comments to discuss disk are also more than welcome too e.g. why you like or hate it lol

29-Jun-2021 06:14:19 - Last edited on 12-Jul-2021 17:08:10 by B o

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

Posts: 1,134 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey bo,

I think you could better post it in the compliment section of the forums. you can also post it here in the item discussion but i think your post will reach more people on the compliment section (i dont know the exact name).

I think disk of returning has a good backstory and idk why but disks have a nice look. but personally i prefer items you can wear over inventory items if that makes sense.
trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

29-Jun-2021 06:37:41

AusCricketer
Apr Member 2023

AusCricketer

Posts: 2,005 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
+1 to this

Disk of Returning is the bomb!!! I remember it being one of the very first rares I ever bought back in 2006. Though I only had it for a day or so (it was my bank back then), I always get a feeling of nostalgia with it.

It's a must-have for OG players

29-Jun-2021 06:43:26 - Last edited on 30-Jun-2021 06:15:42 by AusCricketer

B o

B o

@Raphtalia6

Yeah that's fair enough haha I think it is very unpopular since it isn't a wearable rare.

And also I think that's a fair suggestion, I just posted here since I personally NEVER visit the compliments threads at all lol so I sort of forgot that place existed until you just brought it up now.

Though I think its quite appropriate to post here, given item discussion seems to have a lot of people visiting the pages purely based on number of threads created in item discussion vs compliments, and I'd guess the general demographic of people who would be disk fans would be more likely to visit this section of the forums too.

Also more than happy for a forum mod to change title to 'Disk Discussion Thread' (Idk if I can change it now) instead if that's more appropriate instead of the title I made. Tbh I just want to hear others opinions on disk, especially if they like the item.

29-Jun-2021 07:02:38 - Last edited on 29-Jun-2021 10:42:58 by B o

B o

B o

@Auscricketer WOOO YEAAAAAAHHH

I also spent my whole bank to get my first disk too! It took so many hours of chopping yew trees and mining addy ore to get there as a nooby f2p player

It is defs one of the most OG of OG rares.

29-Jun-2021 07:02:52 - Last edited on 30-Jun-2021 11:27:08 by B o

Zorb49
Oct Member 2010

Zorb49

Posts: 9,769 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love any of the original rares! I know that a lot of people prefer wearable rares but I love edibles just as much. I love the disk because it is quite rare. I love the discontinued items that are really rare.
~Efficiency Experts member

~5.8b XP

29-Jun-2021 07:10:52

B o

B o

@Zorb49

Yeah, exactly!!! - All the original rares are just so iconic and very nostalgic for so many players who have been around for a while, I pretty much like all the classic rares as well.

Tbh I think the only rares I don't like are some of the newer ones, e.g. fish mask and x-mas scythe, and the treasure-hunter related rare items, mainly since I don't really like the look of them

I just thought it was bit of a shame that disk seemed to get hated on so much nowadays, and even a fair few players that are max combat who I asked about disk - They told me they didn't even know what the Disk of Returning was lol

Please other disk fans out there keep the support coming!! Lowkey I was worried to post this thread and thought it would only be disk haters and trolls all telling me disk is trash lmao

29-Jun-2021 07:25:40 - Last edited on 29-Jun-2021 14:02:21 by B o

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,172 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love the Disks and have 2.

Had them since 2005 and never ever thought of selling them. I like them too much to part with them now.

If I'm not mistaken they were my 2nd or 3rd rares I bought way back then.

I like the story that comes with them and like the looks of them too. 1 of the best rares in game that has a really nice tail.

Long live Disks.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

29-Jun-2021 11:52:21

B o

B o

Wow this is huge.

Thanks Tuffty, it's truly an honour to have the forum legend himself comment on my thread for appreciating the Disk of Returning.

It legit makes me happy to hear that you are a big disk fan as well - and I agree 100%. I think the disk has such a clean and classic look to it. Out of any rare in the game it is probably the one with the most interesting backstory behind it too.

Big thank you to everyone that has commented in this thread so far. I'm so happy there are so many fellow disk fans out there!

Long live the disk!!!

29-Jun-2021 12:24:42 - Last edited on 29-Jun-2021 14:22:29 by B o

Garage gym
Oct Member 2020

Garage gym

Posts: 930 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In my personal opinion the disk is one of the more special items in Runescape. They're much more interesting than all the other lowers simply because they're rare not worn.

I am all for this Disk fan club,

Many Thanks Bo!

29-Jun-2021 12:27:08

Quick find code: 17-18-165-66220558 Back to Top