Forums

Disk Appreciation Thread

Quick find code: 17-18-165-66220558

B o

B o

Posts: 1,513 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Garage Gym - Big thank you for your support for this disk fan club, the item definitely is one of the most unique items, and it holds a special place in all our hearts!!

@Emo Virgin - Yeah that would be crazy if they did that, that would be a interesting idea that would not only affect disks, but a lot of other niche items that are very rare but only stay in player's banks - like the war ships, half-wines, Easter eggs, x-mas crackers, and other similar items like that. I'm sure a lot of players with those would love to flex those.

While it might be unlikely for them to do that, I just know that if ever did I would without a doubt put disk of returning into my fave item spot !!

29-Jun-2021 14:18:20 - Last edited on 29-Jun-2021 14:20:32 by B o

InLightOf
Nov Member 2023

InLightOf

Posts: 87 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Bo lots of support for you making a thread on an item that has been dragged through the mud/has received a lot of unjust h8 ;)

I don’t own one, however most of you guys who contributed make me wanna reconsider. I do like history and it’s got quite a unique story. Only a UFO could escape from a black hole it must be alien! lol

Update I need to take it to my work shop for closer examination it could be our own military, nah this is for sure an alien artefact!
”Knowledge is worth more than any amount of money” -InLightOf
“If you think the Devil is scary wait til you meet God<3,”~~~INRI~~~

30-Jun-2021 01:38:38 - Last edited on 30-Jun-2021 02:56:43 by InLightOf

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
97 said :
loved it so much i fed it to my troll
Not a half wine?

Learned from Gower Quest: Disk is squishy.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

30-Jun-2021 02:59:38

Trip180

Trip180

InLightOf said :
Only a UFO could escape from a black hole it must be alien!
Only an alien could turn the black hole white. (Gower quest)
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

30-Jun-2021 03:00:26 - Last edited on 30-Jun-2021 03:00:37 by Trip180

Bo Alt

Bo Alt

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Bitter Orc - you are correct, Disk really does have one of the coolest stories in the game bro!! XD

@InLightOf You absolute champ! Thanks for your support for the Disk - It really means a lot coming from you and I appreciate it immensely!!

That other day I actually went on my alt with Holly Wreath purely for taking the photo at the photobooth so I could show my love for it on those threads of yours. To me Holly Wreath, in a way, is just like the disk. An item that holds a special place in my heart, but gets hated on excessively and unfairly by many others.

As a Holly Wreath lover like you, it pained me to watch and stand on the sidelines while one of my fave rares got hated on - I just had to comment to show my love. There's no way that I could just let down my fellow holly wreath homies like that!!!

I know that if it were a Disk of Returning Thread instead, I would have done the exact same. I'd never let down a fellow disk fan like that!

30-Jun-2021 03:31:51

B o

B o

Posts: 1,513 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@29 and @Trip180

Thank you two both for commenting your support for the Disk! You are both absolute legends.

And funny you mention the disk troll @29 - The only other Disk of Returning troll I have heard of is from another legend of the RS forums - Chisp. They say that to this day, he has a large stack of disks. I remember back in the day he was one of the biggest and most prominent supporters for the Disk of Returning.

I'm not sure how active he still is, but I once saw him in the game recently (where he was flexing his Disk of Returning troll at W2 Ge) and he told me the very very sad news that he actually got banned from posting on forums. I'm not sure the exact reasons behind it.

Chisp - if you are somewhere out there watching over us, I hope you find this thread, this one is for you!

And @Trip180 wow I had no idea that Disk was squishy, I'm not the biggest fan of quests but if it mentions the disk, it sounds like that is one quest I have to do ASAP!!!

30-Jun-2021 03:40:16 - Last edited on 01-Jul-2021 15:15:10 by B o

Trip180

Trip180

Chisp sold most of his disks for a phat. At one time, I had several of these official Chisp disks. But I sold them. I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

30-Jun-2021 03:47:16

Quick find code: 17-18-165-66220558 Back to Top