Forums

Mobile IOS beta RS3

Quick find code: 16-17-693-66074257

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JackFontane said :
I had no idea it wasn't out for IOS. I'm enjoying on my S20.

Technically it was out last year but only briefly for 10k Testdrive users. Apparently you were one of the early birds. Here, Jagex is talking about reopening up a new limited iOS beta soon.

29-Apr-2020 18:36:51

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Honba said :
Does this mean all the other issues and glitches prevalent with the RS IOS client will be fixed too?

What issues and glitches? There don't seem to be many noticeable glitches according to a livestream like a month ago. The Mobile an Core Experience Team ran the whole livestream on iOS and everything was fine too. It also doesn't seem to be bug reports in the designated RS3 Mobile Testing Forum either.

The only issue they mentioned was the integration with the Apple platform for testing. All seem to be fine now or else Apple won't allow the beta.

01-May-2020 20:56:11

Sublime RS
Jan Member 2020

Sublime RS

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I use IOS/I-phone i have played for many many years on an off particularly i would like Jagex to come out with an IOS version but there is a lot of testing to do like said in stream IOS will not be released until it is spotless everything has to be touchable according to IOS standard's which will take a decent time in development sweat/tears an much more hopefully they can get it working because not only will it bring everyone a new cross play client to play on it might just bring in more people to Runescape 3 which i figure what Jagex need's right now because there is twice as many players on OSRS than on Rs3 an the community in my eyes need's to be equal perspective on each game an yes it is true that there putting more oomph on android than they should they need to have a separate team work on IOS and get everything going because i would like to not only see this on android but on IOS as well thanks for hearing me out much love ~XFALLENHEROX

10-Jul-2020 14:03:40

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

@XFALLENHEROX

I don't know where you get that RS3 is "putting more oomph on android". Yes, RS3 Mobile is already well ahead of most of their peers in beta It has gone over 1 million installs on Android and it is still only in beta, but that's not because of "more oomph" on Android. It is solely because iOS has a very tiny hard wired 10k beta testers limit on their Testflight program. Like the Android version, there is no reason not to see millions of players enjoying the iOS version of RS3 Mobile as soon as it comes out of Testflight.

As mentioned in the livestream, RS3 is making progress in iOS even though the incredibly small 10k Testfight compliance limit slows them down a little However, it was the exact same case OSRS Mobile has gone through in their iOS testing phrase in 2018. It took the iOS part of OSRS Mobile a few months of testing before it was released, it is going to be the same process for RS3 now.

10-Jul-2020 15:53:52

Oxydeus
Jun Member 2023

Oxydeus

Posts: 1,563 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dear Jagex,

I play runescape since 2001 and always been loyaal to the game.
Now concerting this rs3 on iOS mobile, this is taking way too long... Its 19 September 2020, How long are you wanting to let ur players wait? Until they all die? Come on people, you really can do better than this... it have been annonced 3 years ago... I want to play rs3 on my IPad! And on my IPhone... have tried to enter the closed beta but every wave were full every single time in seconds... you know there is waaay too less entries...! Come on now... Pay the ****ing commission needed (30%?) and let us play! you have 1 job to do! Bring it on iOS, and be Quick!

Thanks and regards

19-Sep-2020 00:51:39

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

In case if you miss it, Jagex has sent out a new batch of iOS beta invitations 10 days ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/ipfy86/i_just_got_access_to_the_ios_limited_beta_out_of/

This is another big step toward the full release. In case if you missed the last new beta news, you probably don't have to wait too long. The last words I heard from Jagex were they are trying to release iOS this year but more like early next year.

19-Sep-2020 16:33:07

Quick find code: 16-17-693-66074257 Back to Top