Forums

Preventing Raffle Rigging Thread is locked

Quick find code: 16-17-127-66127015

Ironman Gup
Sep Member 2023

Ironman Gup

Posts: 1,464 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi all,

As most people are aware, there is a yearly raffle that occurs in September. In this raffle, you may win items such as deathtouch darts which can be used to earn some massive gp from bosses, as well as winning highly sought after exclusive items such as the Golden Warpriest or Golden Barrows armour, as well as golden chaotic items.

There however has been one well known problem with this raffle since the creation of the raffle, and that is raffle rigging. Individuals will make thousands of accounts with the sole intention of rigging the raffle to dilute the reward pool. They will subsequently destroy the items or trolls with them (I.E. placing hundreds of deposit boxes on the ground so players cannot walk).

Last year, Jagex made a very vague statement that they have done something to lessen this issue. However we were not given an explanation, and well known trolls have voiced about about their plans to rig the raffle again this year.

To preserve the integrity of the game, we must swiftly act in advance and prepare for everything to ensure the raffle goes out with no problems. I propose that if someone attempts to rig the raffle, that action such as a permanent ban be taken against all accounts involved in this attempt.

Without this guarantee, we cannot guarantee that raffle rigging will not occur. In the past this type of action has been swept under the rug, much to the dismay of players trying to win an item fairly.

To keep everything on topic, please don’t name any individuals that may do this. We are here to look at a solution, not name and shame!

Thank you.
Against Raffle Rigging since 2015

27-Aug-2019 10:58:05

The contents of this message have been hidden.

27-Aug-2019 10:58:49

Ironman Gup
Sep Member 2023

Ironman Gup

Original message details are unavailable.
i dont care

I understand you personally may not care (although I'm surprised you can read all that within 44 seconds of me posting this). I am asking for this change for the benefit of the public, as this has been an ongoing issue for many years

27-Aug-2019 11:00:46 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2019 11:03:54 by Ironman Gup

I am Test

I am Test

Posts: 940 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The most fun part of every raffle isn't the raffle itself, it never was. The prizes are all meh, I don't even participate anymore.

No, the really entertaining part is watching all the raging and whining on social media and in-game from all the butthurt people who think that only they are entitled to the good stuff. I'm not sure if we-all-know-who is going to have time and motivation to rig the raffle this year, but the video where he destroyed all the golden crap he got on his thousands of alts was one of the most hilarious RS related videos I had seen in a while (especially peoples reaction to it).

So go raffle riggers !

27-Aug-2019 11:06:42

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Trying to prevent the rigging is pointless, because the whole raffle itself shouldn't be a thing in the first place. Runescape is supposed to be about adventure and earning various stuff, so being handed out free stuff willy-nilly in a raffle makes zero sense to exist in the game. Just remove the raffle and the rigging problem is made obsolete along with it.
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

27-Aug-2019 11:09:40

The contents of this message have been hidden.

27-Aug-2019 11:10:08

Konota
Jun Member 2010

Konota

Posts: 7,103 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Trying to prevent the rigging is pointless, because the whole raffle itself shouldn't be a thing in the first place. Runescape is supposed to be about adventure and earning various stuff, so being handed out free stuff willy-nilly in a raffle makes zero sense to exist in the game. Just remove the raffle and the rigging problem is made obsolete along with it.

I agree that Raffle should be gone. Not because it is bad, but Jagex treats it as a full game update.
Hello Moto

27-Aug-2019 11:10:59

Ironman Gup
Sep Member 2023

Ironman Gup

I think considering how Jagex have only made it easier to raffle rig this year compared to prior years, as well as their avoidance to fix the problem, they should no longer have the raffle.

27-Aug-2019 11:14:20

Quick find code: 16-17-127-66127015 Back to Top