Can we talk about P.A.G?

Quick find code: 16-17-12-66150476

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,543 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
How "large" is a "large" section of their player base? 2 or 3 RSOF users? :D

Considerably more.

Either you are attempting to be funny, or you're number-challenged.

Original message details are unavailable.
They ran big annual surveys and they showed us the results and discussed them in Runefest. We knew it already. For instance, we can see a large section of Jagex's player base want more quests, so Jagex said they are going to do more quests this year. A large section of the player base like Zaros themed quests, so we see Azzanadra and the Zarosian City quest in the making. We can all see they are not just peeling their eyes on the suggestions of the larger section of the player base, they are open to discuss them with the even larger section of the player base in their main Annual Event they called Runefest.

Thanks for helping to make my point. Much appreciated.
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
"...From The 'Scape" is very nearly here.

17-Apr-2020 07:35:39 - Last edited on 17-Apr-2020 07:37:28 by Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

GhostlyBard said :
Dilbert2001 said :
that's the whole point of the discussion of this thread.
I thought the point of this thread was to discuss Player advocacy groups. O_o

+1

17-Apr-2020 07:43:19

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

I didn't hate the simple combat system we had in the game pre-EOC. It was just the way combat worked in RuneScape.

I didn't take part in the beta for EOC, but it sounded like an interesting update. When it was released into the game, I tried EOC...and I hated how it worked!

It wasn't because it was new and different, or too complicated. I hated how combat worked under this new system. There were a few issues I had with EOC, but the biggest problem for me was the strict adherence with the combat triangle. It was expected when going off to PvM of course we would all wear one set of combat gear and carry two other sets of gear with us, so we could switch armor/weapons in order to comply with the combat triangle. Violate it, and you were hit with crippling penalties.

However, changes were made to EOC - changes which addressed the aspects I didn't like about it. Once this was done, I changed my mind about EOC. I enjoy it. I would not want to go back to the old combat system. I adapted.

If PAGs existed when EOC was being developed, would the initial release have gone better, with acceptance from more players? Maybe. Maybe not. If EOC worked as it does now when it first came out, I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

17-Apr-2020 08:23:15 - Last edited on 17-Apr-2020 08:27:15 by Aslon Dak

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why are people keep trying to talk about EOC in the early 2010's but not NOW? It is quite clear to me Jagex is looking for a group for advice on their selected GOAL (meaning now and the future).

Even if their GOAL is EOC, they are talking about EOC now and in the future. The people they pick for PAG should also be focusing on EOC now and the future. This PAG must be ready, willing and able to share the opinions they gained by living in present day Gielinor.

17-Apr-2020 17:48:36

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

I couldn't tell you about other people, but I used EOC as an example of an update which had some flaws, or was an absolute mess (depending on who you ask), that might have been better upon release if PAGs existed back then - and if they worked as well as you seem to believe they will. Again, time will tell. It always does. PAGs may turn out to be a great addition to RS, contributing to some fantastic updates. I don't know that they'll turn out to be a terrible idea that will ruin the game. It's very possible the truth will lie somewhere in the middle. Perhaps the PAGs will do a little good for the game, then quietly disappear.

I have read nothing regarding a PAG focused on EOC. Have you seen any news to this effect, or was that just speculation on something a PAG might target in the future?

20-Apr-2020 08:57:52

GhostlyBard

GhostlyBard

Posts: 4,332 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
P.A.G update, the full team (player side) has been announced.

Link.

Quote from the bottom of the linked article.
“ The First Ninja PAG Meeting

Last week we brought all those incredible players together for our very first PAG meeting. We’re happy to report that it went well! After a round of introductions and some clarifications on some of the paperwork, we were able to cover 26 different submissions, 18 of which were within the Ninja Team scope. Eight were forwarded on to other teams for investigation and another eight were identified for further elaboration. None of the submissions were deemed outside of the Ninja Team’s remit – so good work, scouts!

We’re happy with the how the project is going so far but will continue to collect feedback throughout this initial run. The PAG completes on May 15th, and we’ll be releasing a full retrospective shortly after. Keep your eyes peeled!”
Check out Thieves guild layout redesign. Happy ‘scaping

27-Apr-2020 20:57:06 - Last edited on 27-Apr-2020 21:00:00 by GhostlyBard

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Aslon Dak said :
I couldn't tell you about other people, but I used EOC as an example of an update which had some flaws, or was an absolute mess (depending on who you ask), that might have been better upon release if PAGs existed back then - and if they worked as well as you seem to believe they will. Again, time will tell. It always does. PAGs may turn out to be a great addition to RS, contributing to some fantastic updates. I don't know that they'll turn out to be a terrible idea that will ruin the game. It's very possible the truth will lie somewhere in the middle. Perhaps the PAGs will do a little good for the game, then quietly disappear.

I have read nothing regarding a PAG focused on EOC. Have you seen any news to this effect, or was that just speculation on something a PAG might target in the future?

I don't if your question is meant for me. If so, I never read anything regarding PAG foused on EOC, and I doubt it will be because to me it is a forgone conclusion EOC will be a part of all new updates. What I wrote was "
Even if
their GOAL is EOC
, they are talking about EOC now and in the future"

27-Apr-2020 21:46:00

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

GhostlyBard said :
P.A.G update, the full team (player side) has been announced.

Link.

Quote from the bottom of the linked article.
“ The First Ninja PAG Meeting

Last week we brought all those incredible players together for our very first PAG meeting. We’re happy to report that it went well! After a round of introductions and some clarifications on some of the paperwork, we were able to cover 26 different submissions, 18 of which were within the Ninja Team scope. Eight were forwarded on to other teams for investigation and another eight were identified for further elaboration. None of the submissions were deemed outside of the Ninja Team’s remit – so good work, scouts!

We’re happy with the how the project is going so far but will continue to collect feedback throughout this initial run. The PAG completes on May 15th, and we’ll be releasing a full retrospective shortly after. Keep your eyes peeled!”

As I mentioned, there are different kinds of talents in this PAG team. It is really clear Jagex is not just cherry picking a few people based on their "quality" for PAG. They pick different people based different needs.

27-Apr-2020 21:48:36

GhostlyBard

GhostlyBard

Posts: 4,332 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
As I mentioned, there are different kinds of talents in this PAG team. It is really clear Jagex is not just cherry picking a few people based on their "quality" for PAG. They pick different people based different needs.
I think the RsGuy will have been responsible for picking out the team members, Jagex may have provided some guidance. But the charter mentioned it’d be up to the P.A.G champion to pick the team.
Check out Thieves guild layout redesign. Happy ‘scaping

02-May-2020 10:09:21

Quick find code: 16-17-12-66150476 Back to Top