He/Him- She/Her- They/Them Thread is locked

Quick find code: 15-16-468-66276869

Webmaster453
Aug Member 2021

Webmaster453

Posts: 2,727 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Immortalized said :
No one mentioned preferred pronouns.
You keep talking about a pronoun you prefer but you won't tell me what it is. This is probably the 100th time I have to tell you that I can't read your mind to know what is offending you.

27-Mar-2023 19:29:38 - Last edited on 27-Mar-2023 19:33:25 by Webmaster453

Webmaster453
Aug Member 2021

Webmaster453

Immortalized said :
It is correct grammar to refer to a plural group of people with they/them. We went over this.
Yeah, so? I'm going to use the singular version if anyone else with a beard shows up without preferred pronouns and I'll use they/them for you.

27-Mar-2023 20:17:42 - Last edited on 27-Mar-2023 20:18:44 by Webmaster453

Wingate

Wingate

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree. This game has never been about modern identity politics. These pronouns are confusing and are not being applied correctly either way. I am sometimes referred to as he or they. If players feel like this is something worth adding then it should be made into a separate option. My biggest concern is that this is just another trojan horse to open the doors to more divisive ideas. Of course the people who don't understand the issue just see it as respecting people's preferences. The preferences of the minority are being pushed on the majority who do not use said preferences.

27-Mar-2023 20:53:21

Immortalized
Mar Member 2006

Immortalized

Posts: 34,072 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wingate said :
I agree. This game has never been about modern identity politics. These pronouns are confusing and are not being applied correctly either way. I am sometimes referred to as he or they. If players feel like this is something worth adding then it should be made into a separate option. My biggest concern is that this is just another trojan horse to open the doors to more divisive ideas. Of course the people who don't understand the issue just see it as respecting people's preferences. The preferences of the minority are being pushed on the majority who do not use said preferences.
Agreed, this is a great example of something not everyone in the real-world has accepted being pushed because someone in the position able to do so decided it was worth doing. And it's out of place as it has not been present for 20+ years of content.

Webmaster453 said :
I'm honestly surprised you don't understand "Yeah, so?"

Kindergarteners understand 4 letter words and question marks.
Flamebait totally unnecessary but interesting analogy given your behavior.
Buy Zemomarks / Chromatic Partyhats safely here

Migrating to Discord per forum shutdown: https://discord.gg/nTVk7RRzq4

27-Mar-2023 20:58:30

Webmaster453
Aug Member 2021

Webmaster453

Wingate said :
Just because black people offend some people didn't make being black divisive.

You're just being a bunch of Karens with prejudice.

27-Mar-2023 21:25:09

Quick find code: 15-16-468-66276869 Back to Top