Forums

2023 Halloween Event 2023

Quick find code: 15-16-240-66288810

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tetsuya152 said :
Yes i am aware of that, but i have always had extremely poor luck with these things. Of course i could wait until the event is over, if i got it by then i'm lucky. But others might not have been as lucky. And if i didn't get it, it'd be a little late for feedback for an event that's already over.

And yes i am aware of the Grim Harvest coming up. Treasure hunter, right?
Ironmen don't have access to Treasure Hunter, so i don't really get an easier way to obtain H'oddments.

At least we have more ways to earn H'oddments now. It increases everybody chance to obtain H'oddments Store item regardless of your luck.

16-Oct-2023 20:15:07

WTFmybacon
Oct Member 2010

WTFmybacon

Posts: 4,220 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, I just did the event in the City of Um, and I must admit, they really need to remove them appearing at that place. WAY too big compared to the other two locations.
While I could get about 15-25 in the other two locations, I only got about 6 in Um.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

16-Oct-2023 20:38:23

Zx3ph3r

Zx3ph3r

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
wait, you guys are getting pumpkin parties? (too lazy to add meme)

There is no point for non-mems to have this holiday event. there is nothing for us to do other then some messily RNG pumpkins spawning while grinding.

16-Oct-2023 20:48:28 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2023 20:49:32 by Zx3ph3r

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zx3ph3r said :
wait, you guys are getting pumpkin parties? (too lazy to add meme)

There is no point for non-mems to have this holiday event. there is nothing for us to do other then some messily RNG pumpkins spawning while grinding.

You may not be able to see the party in Fort Forinthry, but you can't miss the crowds in City of Um and Dragnor Village.

16-Oct-2023 21:18:29

Kat Stryke

Kat Stryke

Posts: 2,058 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok, this is messed up. After more than an hour of being in-game with no pumpkins appearing, I just got two within two minutes while chopping yews. O_o

No reward, naturally. However, I see a couple of special missions were added to Hero Pass specifically for this event. Better than nothing, I suppose.
I've been putting out fire with gasoline! ^_^

Kat's Diary

16-Oct-2023 22:06:19

Mel 624
Dec Member 2021

Mel 624

Posts: 808 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Event models requiring players to aggregate in a single area at the same time just doesn't work. You'd think they would've learned this by now with the issues the giant butterfly has during the easter event. The pumpkin parties are even worse.

The pumpkins are hard to find and require moving around a lot more than the butterfly. The areas aren't really suited to a couple minute long race to find all the things and scavenger hunts are less fun with a narrow time crunch. The sheer lag makes it hard to even move or see what you're doing and sometimes interferes with the ability to interact with things due to needing a few minutes to properly load in everything.

How many players at the pumpkin party are actually capable of contributing to the event? One of the parties I went to was at Draynor and there was an issue with players having pumpkin cosmetics that looked like the event pumpkins and obstructing other players by closing the doors.

Another issue is that despite the parties only happening at one location at a time, the only indicator of the location is the message 5 minutes before it starts. Setting the location of the next one at the end of the previous and letting players check in on it with Pete would be helpful. Another option would be to let the parties happen in all locations to spread players out and reduce lag.

For the skilling pumpkins, I find their spawning frequency seems inconsistent. While this system encourages more engagement than getting currency and the reward banking is nice, it's not as good for bankspace management and reward consistency. It's also more limiting in what activities are practical to do for the duration of the event, which is also a problem with having to drop what you're doing for an hourly activity.

Altogether some poor design decisions were made and it's pretty disappointing to deal with fresh off the hero pass problems.
How to block a forum user
Death And Taxes: An Analysis
Petition: leave forums open!

Don't let Jagex forget the forums.

16-Oct-2023 23:44:42

Rowan23
Jun Member 2023

Rowan23

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is this event skewed against iron accounts or am I just particularly unlucky? On my normal account, I've gained at least 3 tokens from doing the pumpkin parties and a range of other items from smashing the skilling ones. On this account, having smashed roughly the same amount of pumpkins, all I've had is normal oddments and h'oddments. The Halloween Event announcement states that iron accounts won't get the sweets but I assumed it would be possible to get all the other rewards. Is that not the case?

17-Oct-2023 00:02:57

Quick find code: 15-16-240-66288810 Back to Top