Forums

BUG/SCAM Thread is locked

Quick find code: 14-15-953-66289315

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Items are typically only returned if it's a failure on Jagex's end. This isn't a failure on their end it's on yours!!!

You attacked someone in the wilderness and were dragged off the safe line into dangerous territory. That should have been your warning something isn't quite right. The wall exists for a reason, to prevent us accidentally stumbling into the wilderness.

I have said it before and I'll say it again... IF someone is really wishing to gift you anything in game they can do so from anywhere in the game, why does it have to be the wilderness. Also why do they require you to bring your expensive items. Their quitting why should they care about your pixelated wealth.

They gave you the opportunity to walk away but you got greedy. People like this have been performing this type of scam since long before the wilderness wall was a thing.

As to it being part of mechanics it is. I detest it but it is. Luring has two different meanings and both are applicable.

Luring - To scam someone out of their items by words or deeds. From a safe place to an unsafe one. This is what should be applicable and is indeed against the rules.

However PVP also has the term luring which is within the rules. You're already in a dangerous place and they convince you to go deeper into a dangerous place and kill you by backstabbing. This ones unfortunately legal. You were in a dangerous place you crossed the wildy wall. Just cause they can't attack you when you immediately cross doesn't mean anything. Carrying a vecna skull automatically skulls you. Attacking another player regardless of intent will skull you. You getting stunned and killed is unfortunate, but all of the above could have been prevented by not playing along trying for an easy payday or trying to scam the scammers.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

26-Oct-2023 16:26:37

Santas List
Aug Member 2023

Santas List

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was a victim of a bug/glitch

There is currently a glitch where if a player is following you or trys to trade you, click on you and you use the commorb, the player will run backwards

This is what the guy did to me... As I clicked him he used the commorb which then made me run backwards into the wilderness.. if this bug/glitch that is apparently known about was fixed I would not have lost my items period

26-Oct-2023 16:29:22

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 10,794 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Santas List said :
The first two steps (squares\tiles) of the Wilderness are "safe" zones, in which players can not attack or be attacked, thus making the Wilderness ditch not a strict reminder of where the Wilderness starts. Both players (or the player and monsters) must be outside the safe zone before any PVP or Wilderness slayer tasks can take affect.

That is straight from RuneScape wiki, so I was not in the wilderness I was tricked into a bug which made me moonwalk into the wilderness out of the "safe area" to be killed.. jagex is responsible for bugs like this in the game, it should be removed and my lost items should be returned to me as stated in the RuneScape site if a lost item is lost due to a bug or server disruption jagex will return the item, but on top of this the people responsible should be banned premantly

Yet you get the Wilderness danger warning when crossing the ditch, not from the "safe" squares to the unsafe ones. You were willing to bring your valuables past the Wildy ditch.

The Wildy isn't safe anywhere. Even the "safe" areas aren't actually safe, as you have personally experienced.
Kings Eastwood in
THE GLOOP , THE BWIAN , and THE WIKI
music by Trewavio Morricone

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

26-Oct-2023 16:30:30

Santas List
Aug Member 2023

Santas List

Wilderness square 1-2 is not a dangerous place.. he used a bug to make me moonwalk into the wilderness which is 100% on jagex end the bug should be fixed, look up commorb moonwalk (glitch), and tell me again how you think this isn't bug related

26-Oct-2023 16:31:55

Santas List
Aug Member 2023

Santas List

The first 2 squares of the wilderness is a "safe area" i had no intentions on stepping foot into the wilderness, so tranq with that being said I don't agree with what your saying at all, it was a bug that made me moonwalk into the wilderness like that.. which apparently jagex is responsible for lost items if there lost for server disruption or a big like this.. that is from the RuneScape wiki, the first 2 squares are not classified as the wilderness it's a safe area, he used his commorb to make me moonwalk away which is a bug jagex should return my items and ban the bug abusers

26-Oct-2023 16:33:42

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*Looks left, Looks right spots the problem*

Someone has grown up in a world where they don't take any responsibility for their own actions.

Your last post confirms this with the comment...
As I clicked him he used the commorb which then made me run backwards into the wilderness.. if this bug/glitch that is apparently known about was fixed I would not have lost my items period

Had you not been greedy and thought for even a millisecond this sounds fishy. You'd still have your items too!!!!
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

26-Oct-2023 16:33:51 - Last edited on 26-Oct-2023 16:34:19 by Tranq

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,414 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Santas List said :
I was told to bring a demonic skull to the first square of the wilderness which is a safe spot and buddy was gonna give me 1.2b because he was quitting.. i know sounds legit right.

why would you need to go to the first square of wilderness, with something that skulls you

you decided. yeah thats a good idea, ill bring my most expensive items with me.

but no jagex wont refund your items because they would they? it wasnt their fault you lost items.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

26-Oct-2023 17:33:01 - Last edited on 26-Oct-2023 18:19:56 by Tenebri

Quick find code: 14-15-953-66289315 Back to Top