Forums

RuneScapian Rhapsody

Quick find code: 14-15-920-66007425

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Posts: 28,499 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aslon Dak said :
I think they're even more fun to write. Would you agree, Trewavas?

Yes, I would agree. It's great having a sudden 'brainwave' and just running with it!

I'm glad you like them. Feel free to post up a song if you do write one.

04-Sep-2020 01:28:35

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Under Penguins!
Parody of Under Pressure, by David Bowie & Queen.

Mmm num ba de
Dum bum ba be
Doo buh dum ba beh beh

Penguins!
Roaming out on me,
Spying out for you, no Fred ask for!
Under Penguins, who run to building friends,
That slashed a web in two,
Ping-ponging on streets!

Um ba ba be
Um ba ba be
De day da
Ee day da, that's okay!

It's the terror of knowing what these nights are about,
Watching some good friends screaming
"It's reset!"
Spy tomorrow, she'll be later,
Pressure on the purple, pressure on the lists!

Day day de mm hm,
Da da da ba ba,
Okay!
Roaming around, kick my rocks on the floor,
These are the pengs who always roam but we spy!
Ee do ba be,
Ee da ba ba ba,
Um bo bo,
Pur ple!
Penguins on streets!
From the KGP!
Penguins on streets!
As we sing now, sing now, sing now...

It's the terror of knowing what these nights are about,
Watching some good friends screaming...
"Edgeville now!"
Pray tomorrow, gives me points and points and poiiiiiiiiiiints!
Pressure on Froudles, Froudles who now seeks!

He churned away on his list like a resigned man,
Updated posts but they're still broke!
Keep moving trapped old penguins: they're so trashed and mourned!
Why, why, why?
Scan Scan Scan!
On Monday nights under scanning we're breaking!

Can we give our pengs one more hunt?
Why can't we give pengs that one more hunt?
Why can't we give pengs, give pengs, give pengs, give pengs,
Give pengs, give pengs, give pengs, give pengs, give pengs...

'Cause peng's such an old fashioned word,
And peng's dare you to spy with the hunters on the
Edge of the night,
And Chuck dares you to change our way of
Spying for our penguins; this is our last dance!
This is our last chance!
This is ourselves:
Under Penguins.
Under Penguins.
Penguins.

04-Sep-2020 01:55:46 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2020 01:57:44 by Trewavas

The contents of this message have been hidden

04-Sep-2020 06:28:54

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Trewavas said :
Aslon Dak said :

Yes, I would agree. It's great having a sudden 'brainwave' and just running with it!

Thank you for the kind invitation! I was not expecting that. :)

Doing so would bring more exposure to my work. However, I'm not sure I should intrude upon your wonderful thread. Others might resent it as well. I shall consider the options.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work! No doubt a certain purple penguin spotter will enjoy your most recent song. ;)
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

04-Sep-2020 19:45:14

Seas pXy

Seas pXy

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hey, i don't care for PvM anymore. I just chop wood and mine ore all day long. and catch some implings and chase after them mischievous imps! anyway, figured i was an imphunter.

so the song "hiphopper" by thomas rusiak would be perfect for that.

"i'm an imphunter (yes i am!)"

just an idea anyway, love your work! you should record these and put on youtube! you could get a lot of followers, start a patreon page, release albums on spotify - live off of it - becoming a millionare in no time!

check out smooth mcgroove. he makes 8-bit videogame a capella covers, even recording them without headphones, with a dozen voice polyphony!

i figure each song takes a lot of time to write -or do you just have a flow? do they just "come" out of you, while gaming and listening? in general, people don't appretiate all the work, that goes into making art these days. they want to pay as much for my paintings, as they do for a picture they bought off of IKEA! but youtube and patreon is genius!

05-Sep-2020 10:39:35

Seas pXy

Seas pXy

ok i'm reading this whole thread as i'm afk:ing lumberjacking. it seems i'm the only one (ok, before, before i realized you could afk) that's sat constantly the whole time, watching a tree dwindle to bits! over and over again! and no matter how hard i try, i still miss the bird's nest, out of the corner of my eye (hey, that cher song, might be better?). i click it, and it disappears, before my very eyes, just like with the women in my life!

trees are so pretty, they all look different! and the only thing i can do, to show them my love, is to chop them down?! better than big ol' machines at least, i'm not a 100 account darknet party hat selling botter! while afking, i don't actually use the time to have a life. either i check the wiki or the forum! and on the wiki, it mentioned the longest time you could chop wood, is 5 mins - but that's just the time it takes to get logged out, after you've done absolutely *nothing* in game! not even bumped some imps on the head, or ran after implings! or even adjusted your 1 billion worth head garment, to look so precious!

but i've chopped for over 10 minutes, on a jew tree with a pithy homesmithed mithril axe! and i aimed for the world record, but i couldn't go past 12 minutes! i even tried investing in anabolic juju potions from my local dealer, but i only got 3 more logs for every sip (no, i always take 3 sips in one gulp, i'm not a n00b, but an ironman! "they will respect a man with wings!". the 666 minutes bug!), for the price of my soul and body, and 300 kgp!

then i sell the logs for 1/3 the worth of normal ones, so a level 1 makes more cash then me. after a week on the exchange, i've sold a grand total of 2 logs! supply and demand baby! i'll be a millionaire anytime soon. >_> just you wait!

now i'm waiting for the trees to regen, just got myself 120 dragon shards, and am kicking tree-root-but!

05-Sep-2020 11:46:36

Seas pXy

Seas pXy

and i wonder, just what sort of armour do the imps have? i've done as little as 14 damage with a 2-handed mithril sword! that's like 15 hits for a level 55 character, if you're unlucky enough! is their blood made out of slippery sticky ketchup, or something? they always catch up, after all! and they burp a lot, they must be using abusing teleport potions like mad! or is it just mustard gas? they're nothing but hot dogs that can walk!

oh and sorry for taking over your thread. :(

05-Sep-2020 11:57:08

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Seas pXy said :
figured i was an imphunter.

so the song "hiphopper" by thomas rusiak would be perfect for that.

"i'm an imphunter (yes i am!)"

just an idea anyway, love your work! you should record these and put on youtube! you could get a lot of followers, start a patreon page, release albums on spotify - live off of it - becoming a millionare in no time!

I'll have a look at making that into a parody for you, Imphunter. :P

Thanks for your kind words, Tomas. People have stated that I should build a YouTube channel and post songs up on there, but alas, I lack the recording facilities to do so! Maybe it's a thought for the future. :)

No worries about taking over the thread. You've raised a few song ideas!

05-Sep-2020 12:41:23

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Trewavas said :
Aslon Dak said :

I accept. :)

Here's one I've been working on in my head for some time. I finally typed it up tonight...
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

12-Sep-2020 04:56:16

Quick find code: 14-15-920-66007425 Back to Top