Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Daibhi

Daibhi

Posts: 1,176 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :

I do think that is a major factor in what people would class as normal, most buildings and what not are typically built with that in mind IE. UK homes being built to withold heat due to European weather typically being pretty cold. As for people who get 40°C+ you'd maybe be surprised that I used to know some from Australia years ago and she would actually laugh at me complaining about this sort of heat anything below 30°C they would consider "freezing" which is abosutely insane - but like you said, it's what people are acclimatised to.

I'm from Northern Ireland so I can definitely attest to your second paragraph haha, I absolute hate the summer and cannot wait for shit weather again (I'll likely still complain about cold weather but pft.. I'd take that over this any day of the year, it's easier to live with).

I can't remember what year it was but it was definitely recent (maybe 3 or 4 years ago) I think it might have actually hit close to 40°C on one summer now I think of it, don't quote me on that though, and that's the time I discovered less clothes = more bearable but you need something to actually cool the body temperature down as well IE. ice cream or anything like that.

Regarding your room temperature, I wanted to mention it but I forgot after I hit post, is this room you're talking about home to your PC by any chance? I have a sneaking suspicion that computers actually act as mini radiators to an extent in small rooms because when it's actually normal temperature or cold the room that has my PC in it is almost always warmer (sometimes hotter) than any other room. So if this room you're referring to does have your PC in it, I would actually be willing to bet that could be one factor to your heat issue in your room.

I used to use a small desk fan but I found that ultimately it's pointless. Think about it, all it's actually doing is circulating the already warm and/or hot air in your room.

23-Jul-2019 22:08:33

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,500 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My PC seems to add about 2C to the room temperature. When my PC is off during the night and I look at the temperature when I wake up, it's slightly lower. Once my PC turns on, it rises by about 1.5-2c.

Right now it's 33.5c with my PC on. So with it off, it'd be around 30-31c.

I use a floor fan right now. They are more powerful, but the cost is more noise (sucks when using headphones that don't block out external noise). These fans are better than Pedestal and Desk fans by a large margin. They're just noisy :|

They may not cool the room down, but they stop me from feeling very uncomfortable. I've tried to manage without them on and it just feels awful.

My room is quite large and is on the highest floor of the house. Perhaps it being on the top floor may contribute to the heating problem. Other rooms in my home are not as hot. It just appears to be my room.

24-Jul-2019 00:16:28 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2019 00:18:00 by Singularity

King Cnut
Oct Member 2023

King Cnut

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, this is my first post and would appreciate any responses!

I want to know what the best OSRS Range PvP gear against melee is for my stats as I can't find information on this anywhere. I need it for fighting friends in duel arena for fun who use mostly melee.
My stats are: 80 range, 72 str, 70 att, 70 def and 52 prayer. So ideally I need a combination of gear that will give me the highest range att and best melee defense. I can't afford armadyl but everything else is pretty much in my price range. I already have kharils, dharoks, d'hide, dcb, blowpipe, archers ring etc but don't know what the best combination for all of these.

Thanks

24-Jul-2019 14:52:27

The contents of this message have been hidden

24-Jul-2019 20:34:19

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top