General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CM Nick said :
Ghazgkull said :
Jeremy Cheng said :
Just saw the Cats (2019) trailer. Now I'm worried about Cheetah in Wonder Woman 1984 (2020).

it looks absolutely terrible

In all honesty yeah, I forgot they were even making this movie, and seeing the trailer I was just like "wow, I wish I could forget again."

I have always wanted to see the production of Cats live show - never did, so I hope it has some resemblance to it. Like the Mama Mia movie was fantastic.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

21-Jul-2019 18:18:51

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,500 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aslon Dak said :
The heatwave has gripped New England. Yesterday was pretty warm, but today we could get close to 100! :o

A nice day to stay inside in air-conditioned comfort and play RS. :)

Here in the UK we struggle at like 25c and above.

No AC, homes that trap heat and more humid air just make heatwaves very uncomfortable.

My room is currently 30.5c and it's only 17c outside. Today, temperatures are predicted to hit a maximum of 34c, with Thursday hitting the highest of 37c. It's going to be hell on Earth.

23-Jul-2019 03:37:27

Daibhi

Daibhi

Posts: 1,176 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
Aslon Dak said :
The heatwave has gripped New England. Yesterday was pretty warm, but today we could get close to 100! :o

A nice day to stay inside in air-conditioned comfort and play RS. :)

Here in the UK we struggle at like 25c and above.

No AC, homes that trap heat and more humid air just make heatwaves very uncomfortable.

My room is currently 30.5c and it's only 17c outside. Today, temperatures are predicted to hit a maximum of 34c, with Thursday hitting the highest of 37c. It's going to be hell on Earth.

If that's 100°F (I always see fahreinheit as the overdramatic and exaggerating cousin to celsius) then it's nothing more than 37°C which is basically a typical day in the South of France during good seasons, from what I remember (been years) - 40°C and higher is more a PITA (think Australia).

Our houses are pretty good given our actual normal climate which is usually typically colder. I read that the tarmac in the roads etc. actually absorbs, then stores the heat and releases it at night. I also read that apparently AC will only come to bite us in the ass further down the road if Europe becomes as obsessed as America with it due to what's actually used to power it (apparently only 4% buildings or something in the whole of Europe have AC) in that it'll make weather like this more common due to climate change, pollution blahblahblah .

Curtains shut, blinds shut and windows shut during the day then open the windows at night supposedly helps by keeping the hot air during the day outside. Also only going outside if you absolutely have to helps too, less clothes help at night as well (you're free to decide where that stops).

23-Jul-2019 20:31:40

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,500 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Daibhi,

It's a case of what we're used to. Of course, if you're used to 40c+ summers and the like, 37c will feel like nothing. In fact, people that regularly get 40c+ Summers probably beg to get our temperatures. It's because you're used to such high heat already that what I, and other UK folk, consider high is actually low to you.

If you're in an area that barely sees temperatures of this figure, then it is absolutely brutal because your body and brain just are not used to coping under such heat. Summers in the UK are typically around the 20-25c mark. So when 30c+ temperatures hit, you bet we feel it. And when indoors with no AC, it's just extremely uncomfortable. Most homes in the UK do not have AC.

My current room temperature is 33.1c which is higher than outside (27c). It doesn't really matter what I do, the heat tends to stay trapped inside my room and barely leaves. That isn't surprising since our homes are built to keep heat trapped. They are good at doing that. This helps for Winter, but is bad for Summer.

The only thing I can do to stay comfortable is have a fan blowing on me. It doesn't touch the room temperature or help make the house cooler, all it does it just keep me comfortable and prevents me from profusely sweating.

I'll personally be glad when Summer is over. It's just annoying.

23-Jul-2019 21:54:41

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top