General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
Nexus Origin said :
Tuffty said :
It's not cold enough to freeze them even using hot-ish water.
That's not how it works... lol

Hot water does not freeze faster than cold water... You're confusing evaporation with freezing.

They also use hot water when they throw it in the air and it freezes, it looks amazing in the photo.
That water is evaporating, not freezing. ;)

Dong U Dead said :
And apparently even in the freezer water freezes faster than cold?? Haven't tried it myself, just read it.
They refer to that as the Mpemba effect. As far as I know, there is no scientific basis for it.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

30-Jan-2019 18:13:48 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2019 18:14:24 by Nexus Origin

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jeremy Cheng said :
Took my mom to a vietnamese restaurant last week, she said she'll bring a container for takeout as she doesn't like the styrofoam containers restaurants give for free. And today she took me to a cambodian restaurant.

Very nice :)
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

31-Jan-2019 08:26:43

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I disagree with tipping. I disagree with employers paying certain employees a lower wage and leaving it up to the customers to make up the difference.

However, in restaurants, 15-20% (pre tax) is generally the accepted rate, if the service was good. If the service was poor, don't bother.

Don't let people pressure you into tipping either.

For example, if you buy a beer at a bar, don't let the bartender try to pressure you into leaving a relatively ridiculous amount of a tip. Paying someone $1 to open a beer bottle is ridiculous in my opinion. In those circumstances, I'll toss whatever leftover coins I have from the change, which is usually somewhere around $0.25.

I don't agree with tipping someone a rate that equates to more than I would make per hour.

In extremely busy places, most of the people getting tips are making a lot more than you might think. I have friends that work in the food/beverage industry, and there are times when they are bringing home $500-$600 for a shift, simply due to the tips.

Don't feel bad or guilty for not leaving a tip, or for leaving a small tip.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

31-Jan-2019 13:16:16

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If I regularly visit a place where I have a meal I leave a nice tip. Because if I don't and visit again it could be the same person serving me my food and his/her thumb could be in my soup, gravy or in my custard.

I like to tip but not tip too much. £5-£10 depending on the occasion. Most I tipped was £50. It was an awesome place and the service was outstanding. Was 8 of us at the time. £5 each and I made it to £50.

I always think a nice tipper in a regular place might get better service. ;)
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

31-Jan-2019 14:19:34

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top