Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Princess Rae
Oct
fmod Member

Princess Rae

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,527 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the tips. :D
(ha ha yeah, I should show myself out after that one.)

We had so much trouble working out what we would pay for something last time over there. Some states have one tax, others have 2 taxes, and then there are tips.
If we order a meal and here in Aus, what you see on the menu is what you actually pay, but in USA it's add tip and also 1 or 2 lots of tax. Made it tricky for us, when not used to it.

Hotels are changeable as well, across cities and states. In some hotels you leave a tip in the room, for the room service staff, but in others they are not allowed to take any money from the room, so you tip when you pay the bill at the end. We learnt to ask at the desk going in, how it worked there.

It was odd with people wanting to help with our bags though. Our thoughts went "Oi that's my bag ... can you not touch it please? Aussies here. Personal space please? Can you just ... move back a bit and don't touch my stuff."
lol

But all that, that's part of the fun of travelling.
Spirits of Arianwyn | @Rae_Aus

31-Jan-2019 14:58:57

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,679 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
a reaction channel just shadowbanned me from commenting on his youtube videos when all i asked was why he was reacting to his own content. well i wont waste time with channels where i cant comment but its whatever more time for me to listen to my music.

01-Feb-2019 00:27:06

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello General, I hope you are having a good day. This morning I was shouted a nice cuppa coffee at a cafe in town and had a nice chat with a very nice caring lady, just what I needed :D

- last two days we have had hot weather over 30C which is awesome for my city (possibly too hot, but I love it), but today the gusty winds are back and apparently 21C <- that must be when you find a spot of sunshine. I wish our city had summers close to what America or Australia has, what I would call a proper summer instead of gusty, cold, wet, sun, gusty, cold, wet, sun - I read lots of Southern American fiction novels and their summers sound amazing, maybe even too hot. Usually, our February weather is when summer truly arrives so I am hoping it comes and sticks around longer than 2 days.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

01-Feb-2019 00:28:50

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Princess Rae, when you get to America have a fantastic holiday and I am sure your tipping experience will be fine :D

If I remember rightly isn't it 15% or 20% of the cost of the meal the recommended tip fee??
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

01-Feb-2019 00:31:13

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,500 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I bet there's a phone app out there somewhere for you and your tipsters, Rae Rae.

Also, today we have officially come out of the polar vortex and we are not being warned to stay inside. It is currently -4 degrees, but expected to be 14 degrees between noon and 2 pm.
For the fahrenheit-challenged: -20 C to -10C...tomorrow 3 C-ish

Also, the sun is shining right now, so gonna be a great day!
@Twillow_RS

For W71 Penguin locations starting January 24, 2024: www.reddit.***/r/W71PenguinWhisperers or @pengwhisper

01-Feb-2019 14:32:00

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I braved the sub zero temperatures and the snow and ice, and took the ebike to the store.

Getting out of the driveway was tricky, it was glare ice and snow... the neighborhood roads were pretty bad, and I almost spun out, but the main roads were nice and dry.

Now I just need to defrost... I should have put a hot water bottle down my pants...
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada