Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Terminux said :
Dear British Telecom.

Please stop disconnecting the WiFi at my place.

Thank you kindly, Light Gaia.

Isn't that a bloody pain in the arse!

I changed companies for the first time in many years and this problem has lessened 90%. And I am with a cheaper company.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

30-Jan-2019 16:24:19

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Nexus Origin said :
Tuffty said :
It's not cold enough to freeze them even using hot-ish water. \
That's not how it works... lol

Hot water does not freeze faster than cold water... You're confusing evaporation with freezing.

They also use hot water when they throw it in the air and it freezes, it looks amazing in the photo.

And apparently even in the freezer water freezes faster than cold?? Haven't tried it myself, just read it.

30-Jan-2019 16:27:40 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2019 16:28:00 by Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Terminux said :
Yep. Rule of thumb here is if the service is cheap it's good.

The thing is this company, well all companies use telecoms (spark they are now called) network, so companies must pay a commission to telecom but they seem to have fewer disruptions <- I don't get this.

30-Jan-2019 16:32:51

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Idk if this is standard practice or not but all the Providers round here use the local masts belonging to BT. If there's a mast problem, it's Goodnight Vienna for everyone, no matter who the Provider.

The one and only mast serving my area was sited on land (very cheaply it turns out) belonging to a local ... Traveller. But he won't give them the keys to the gate for the field in which it is situated, they have to contact him specifically. If they gain access any other way it will be Trespass.

Last time the mast went down, the guy was on holiday in Portugal so we had no service at all for 8 days. Nicely done, BT (cheapskate bastards).
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

30-Jan-2019 16:43:50 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2019 16:44:34 by FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nope.

Apparently it's in the small print of the Contract .... that if it's due to circumstances beyond their control they don't have to give you a bean. And they sure don't.

Apparently, they had no control over gaining lawful access into the field to fix their mast as the owner of the field was unavailable. So his fault, not theirs.

Obviously it didn't occur to them from the outset that this small matter may present a problem. Or maybe it did but they chose to ignore it because the annual land rental was so cheap .... hmmm?
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

30-Jan-2019 17:06:14 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2019 17:06:47 by FiFi LaFeles

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top