Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,238 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yusou Bhoroi said :
Loki said :
[/quote]And yes I'm in Cambridge at the moment. :P

It's really disappointing that so many things in the UK require you to send original copies through the mail to them, where they'll hold it for weeks.... hard for me considering I'd have no ID with me in case I need it lol.

I applied for a drivers licence here and paid the fee, then a letter came asking for my birth certificate and passport to be sent to them, yet I need those for the passport application lol.

Sad that Justice of the Peace stamped document copies aren't accepted, but I think I'll have to bite the dust and risk sending my originals in the mail after I find a countersigner, and hope that they're not lost/damaged.... >.<
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

17-Dec-2018 15:30:30

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

On the bright side I joined my partner at her second job again last night because she's always complaining about never getting tips, and then I got £6 of tips doing the deliveries for her :P

My first official money made overseas yay? :D
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

17-Dec-2018 15:32:14

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
I have a TFN, but they won't accept it.. :(

I managed to secure an NI interview/appointment in London on the 10th of Jan.... a lot later than I would've liked, but it's better than anything. I'm surprised you even need to have an interview for this... in Australia you call up and they give you one instantly.

I signed up to a GP last week as the bank said they'd accept a letter from them confirming my address. I picked up that letter today, immediately went to both banks, and both said "Sorry this isn't accepted"???????? I feel like I'm getting a different answer for every different person I talk to...

Strange.. they should accept TFN as a form of valid identity..

Glad you got an appointment scheduled - tbh, it can take Months, so you were quite lucky. :p

The difference with Aus, though, is that outside special circumstances, you have to have a job ligned up, and in a 'skilled' sector, before you can apply to live there (or did about 13 Years ago, when one of my friends was wishing to move there).

..and yeah.. the problem with different people having different info/requirements (or not knowing that something isn't accepted, thus recommending it), is rife, over here (it's actually better in a lot of places I've visited in Africa, lol).

17-Dec-2018 15:38:14 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2018 15:44:35 by Yusou Bhoroi

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Yusou Bhoroi said :
Glad you got an appointment scheduled - tbh, it can take Months, so you were quite lucky. :p
Yeah I was told the next appointment in Cambridge was September next year, unless I wanted to travel to London for January 10th lol...
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

17-Dec-2018 15:40:11

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
Yusou Bhoroi said :
Loki said :
And yes I'm in Cambridge at the moment. :P

It's really disappointing that so many things in the UK require you to send original copies through the mail to them, where they'll hold it for weeks.... hard for me considering I'd have no ID with me in case I need it lol.

I applied for a drivers licence here and paid the fee, then a letter came asking for my birth certificate and passport to be sent to them, yet I need those for the passport application lol.

Sad that Justice of the Peace stamped document copies aren't accepted, but I think I'll have to bite the dust and risk sending my originals in the mail after I find a countersigner, and hope that they're not lost/damaged.... >.<

I may be able to get one of my friends to countersign for you, depending on timing, and place (though most are leaving, on the 19th, or won't be going into the centre, after that).

I agree that it's a big worry, having the originals going all over the place (especially when you have experienced their disorganisation, in other areas).

___

Being able to work together is great, though! :D
(hopefully you find ways to spend more time, like that, as it makes a big difference to the amount of time you can spend together : ) ).

17-Dec-2018 15:45:41 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2018 15:46:46 by Yusou Bhoroi

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
On the bright side I joined my partner at her second job again last night because she's always complaining about never getting tips, and then I got £6 of tips doing the deliveries for her :P

My first official money made overseas yay? :D

Don't tell the Tax Man !!
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

17-Dec-2018 15:49:01

Raldrineorth
Aug Member 2008

Raldrineorth

Posts: 10,411 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
Raldrineorth said :

I am sure that would have stunk for days.
I have destroyed pots by boiling them dry - just couldn't clean them.

A while back when my late son was around 7 years old (20 plus years ago), he had a chiropractor appointment in a different suburb. So I put the corned beef in a pot with different ingredients turned it up high to get it bubbling before I left and then I would turn it down before I left, well, I forgot to turn it down. We both walked to the shops after school, did a bit of shopping, then we walked over to the appointment, appointments was around half an hour, not including waiting time. As we left I remembered about the corned beef on the stove. My mind just raced, I took my son to the bus stop and told him to wait for the bus and told him I have to run home explaining what I had done (I couldn't expect him to run with me). When I turned the corner into my street, I could hear the alarms going off, when I opened the door smoke just billowed out and it stunk to high heaven. There had been a fire inside the pot with the corned beef - must have been either the brown sugar or golden syrup, whichever I put in that caught alight?? My house and everything in it stunk for weeks and I mean weeks. I was so bloody lucky my house didn't burn down.
Dang! Lol
I got lucky, the smoke got filtered by the oven I assumed since the fire alarms didn't go off and the smell took a couple days of airing out the downstairs to get it back to normal.

17-Dec-2018 16:22:48

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top