Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not much banana on that pizza. Is there a banana shortage making it a luxury item, I wonder.

Unrelated: had our new TV delivered. Gosh, it's quite big. The picture quality and sound bar are a revelation - I thought our old one was perfectly OK but now realise it was a prehistoric pile of junk, lol.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

20-Nov-2018 10:02:47

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

I suppose I really ought to also get a new computer. I don't want to, as this one is fine to do anything I want to do (with the exception of RS) and I was brought up to be thrifty, not profligate, with money.

Apparently it's my fault that I have no leaves on trees, no skillcape icons, no icons on Runes, no shadow effects in quests ... and the myriad of other small annoyances which occur every time there is a game update. My 4 year old computer is obsolete and cannot cope.

But am I desirous enough of impeccable gameplay to spend hundred and hundreds of pounds merely to play RS? That is the burning question.
Le Chat Guerrier

20-Nov-2018 11:07:57

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Aaaaand my annual membership runs out in 10 days, so the little jumping message tells me.

Not at all sure that I want to hand over a year's worth in advance this time, to a company that is not delivering much by way of new content and seems to be focusing its energies in other, diverse areas. That has distanced itself from its playerbase and the entire grass roots of the game.

Maybe I'll go monthly recurring this time. I won't be losing any up-front outlay if it all goes belly-up.
Le Chat Guerrier

20-Nov-2018 11:15:39

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
lol it wont go belly up.

Why don't you get the Premier Club 2019. It gives a few goodies and 365 extra keys a year.

Also I was planning on a new tv. I have a very good LG plasma and works very well. I just want a Smart TV. So instead of paying upwards of £600+ for 1 I opted for an Amazon Firestick. It gives me the whole internet to play with and only cost £24.99. It's worth me trying it and if it does not do what I want it to do it's no big loss.

As for computer. Mine is 7 years old. I updated bits here and there. Like the hard drive. I got a 250 gig ssd drive. Also Windows 10. It boots up 10 times faster. My next update is the gfx card on Friday when all the sales are on.

I have my eye on about 20 on Amazon. But the sneaky people are putting their prices up daily now so when Friday comes they drop them and people think they are getting a bargain. 1 gfx card went up over £80 it's shocking what they can do lol.

Remember the content updates was voted on by the community. Less content less offten but bigger updates. :D
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

20-Nov-2018 12:37:39

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Naw, not really tempted by free Keys or cosmetics and whatnot.

My old TV was a 13 year old Samsung, still worked well for the FreeSat box but so old that it was unable to pick up WiFi. We got a Roku box which took the signal from our router and pushed it through a HDMI lead to the TV and it enabled us to get Netflix and Prime .... but the poor old telly was so lacking in whizz-bang that it couldn't handle the amount of stuff going into it and kept locking and skipping.

The new one is also a Samsung but a Smart this time so all those gubbins come as standard already built in. Hope it lasts as long as it's predecessor but somehow I doubt it.

Not gonna touch my Hewlett Packard. I wouldn't know a hard drive from a plate of spaghetti.

I wouldn't mind less content if the stuff they did push out interested me. It doesn't. And boy! they really did mean less content.
Le Chat Guerrier

20-Nov-2018 14:11:15

Wolfblue42

Wolfblue42

Posts: 3,982 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You wouldn't have to go crazy on the comp, whatever is out today is probably science fiction quality back in the day for dinosaur computers. Can ask around if you need advice on a new desktop. Probably store built ones that would run rs just fine. My friend once said if you can run elder scrolls skyrim you can probably run most older games fine.

Think you just need a standard processor, ram and graphics card. But since you only play 1 game probably not the most urgent thing. I'm sure most modern stuff will feel like a hare over a tortoise.

I took a long break and didn't regret it, only had the same old ritual to login to. Horrid content cycles for 2 years. Monthly you wouldn't be missing much. I fit the excitement into 1 bond length nowadays if I enjoy it I keep going, if not I go on vacation.

20-Nov-2018 20:34:03

D E L A Y

D E L A Y

Posts: 4,235 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wynd said :
D E L A Y said :
Happy Friday everyone!
Heya, Delay! How is it going for you?

Sorry for the delay, I'm doing great! Unfortunately I wasn't able to login during DXP weekend but I had a great weekend with the lady. I'm getting ready for Thanksgiving and looking forward to not having class Thursday-Saturday!

How have you been?
_.•´¯`•._.•´¯`•.* D E L A Y *.•´¯`•._.•´¯`•._

20-Nov-2018 20:54:13

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top