Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,500 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We need an RS forum app tbh. How I'd love to be able to browse the forums properly on a smartphone. It's not really ideal right now. Make these forums more convenient to use and they'll find life. .

27-Sep-2017 15:22:56 - Last edited on 27-Sep-2017 15:23:12 by Singularity

n iiiiiii ck

n iiiiiii ck

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
We need an RS forum app tbh. How I'd love to be able to browse the forums properly on a smartphone. It's not really ideal right now. Make these forums more convenient to use and they'll find life.

Agreed. I'm not sure if it's something that someone else could develop (indy comes to mind ;) ) happy to crowdfund to compensate for their time.

Using the browser on my iphone is really a bad time.

27-Sep-2017 15:25:10

n iiiiiii ck

n iiiiiii ck

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
n iiiiiii ck said :
Singularity said :
We need an RS forum app tbh. How I'd love to be able to browse the forums properly on a smartphone. It's not really ideal right now. Make these forums more convenient to use and they'll find life.

Agreed. I'm not sure if it's something that someone else could develop (indy comes to mind ;) ) happy to crowdfund to compensate for their time.

Using the browser on my iphone is really a bad time.

posted on the Linkify thread in HLF to see what complications there are that I'm clearly unable to think of, since I know nothing about development

27-Sep-2017 15:27:39

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,500 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Probably not an easy task seeing how the forum software is apparently outdated. Maybe it doesn't support mobile devices and if that's the case, that's going to pose a problem. They should focus on improving their forum software so it can do more. It's probably like Java (holding them back). It needs some sort of "NXT" to make it stand out.

Everytime I'm on my smartphone, I have to default to Reddit because it's just horrifying trying to browse these forums on a phone. Maybe that's where these forums really lose. You can't comfortably use them unless on a computer and a lot of people use smartphones these days. Social media can be used on the go, so you can keep up-to-date with the game when at work or school - very useful.

27-Sep-2017 15:34:01

Chow Chow
May Member 2006

Chow Chow

Posts: 9,418 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ehh, it could always be worse. I'm not saying that mobile phone users have an easy time navigating and posting on the forums (been there, tried that, hate it), but it does work-ish.

You can honestly only take what you have and make the best out of it, as certain things tend to need to be put off to get other projects done.

(I know, a half-baked answer, but an answer that's sadly true more or less)

P.S. Can I assume that there's free refills for coffee in celebration for this new thread?
Dedicated to Account Help
|| Forum Help
''If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; It is opinion.'' - Lazarus Long

27-Sep-2017 15:35:15 - Last edited on 27-Sep-2017 15:35:53 by Chow Chow

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top