Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

n iiiiiii ck

n iiiiiii ck

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lisaa said :
n iiiiiii ck said :
it's a thread, who cares. she does not own it. if you post once in 3 months you don't get to squat on a thing that everyone uses.
I know that I for one would be very upset to return after a short break to find that my threads had been essentially hijacked by someone who decided they needed a "refresh."

Did it need a refresh? Maybe, but that was for Akhet to decide.

edited to add
Regardless of what happens, I'm not going to derail this thread by continuing to argue. This is my last post on the issue.

it's actually not "up to her" - it's a community thread, and had not been updated in three years. she's welcome to come back and post with the rest of us, but she does not have some "right" to a community thread that was slowed down by her neglect. sorry that your friend isn't the owner anymore.

weird mindset to care about ownership of a thread that 10 people use.

27-Sep-2017 14:17:17

Amazonkaty
Aug Member 2006

Amazonkaty

Posts: 17,941 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Several times in the past Akhet was asked about renewing the lounge by those that were regularly using it when he was present and it felt like those requests were ignored or Akhet said 'we'll see what people think' then they'd disappear for several more months.

GFCLs old thread was long over due a renew and was getting ridiculously long page wise and I think it is better and more fair that an active forum presence such as an Fmod like Tranq remake it. I understand what you are saying Lisaa but many requests were made directly to Akhet to remake it and it wasn't done despite a lot of people wanting it. That is unfair on the GFCL regulars more than it is unfair on Akhet.

I like Akhet but if something is regularly requested it shouldn't be ignored, for whatever the reason may be. There was even requests to Jmods about a renew of the thread that also went ignored.

Anyway, lets enjoy this new one now shall we and not keep bringing up the previous one on here :) .
'Every revolution begins with a spark'

The Journey of a Veteran Noob

27-Sep-2017 14:20:19 - Last edited on 01-Oct-2017 12:56:24 by Amazonkaty

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The General Chat thread is not a normal thread, it's the peoples thread, yes she created it, but she does not own it; it is not up to Akhet to decide. And I feel it's a very selfish reason if the thread is not being refreshed because Akhet said NO.

I always thought Jagex said No to this?? And I was informed, can't remember who by, but apparently Jagex plan to remove the Chewy from all forums/threads??

But anyway a new thread :)
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

27-Sep-2017 14:30:09 - Last edited on 27-Sep-2017 14:35:11 by Dong U Dead

The contents of this message have been hidden

27-Sep-2017 14:42:42

The contents of this message have been hidden

27-Sep-2017 14:44:29

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top