Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Catmints

Catmints

Posts: 6,691 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
fweqqwfe said :
Niick said :
I feel so sad.. Why can't I enjoy this game anymore? Am I doing something wrong? I worked so hard to get to where I am, and for what? What do I have to show for it? Partyhats, rares, a bunch of gold, skill capes? What does that all mean?

I remember a few summers ago I would seriously play for an average of 12-16 hours per day. The crazy part was that it was fun!! I really enjoyed playing and when I wasn't online, I was counting down the hours/minutes until I could play again. I got so much satisfaction for hitting one milestone after the other. However, it isn't like that anymore. It's such a chore to play this game.

I've listened to the advice of other forumers on here and have taken a break while casually logging in once every few weeks to talk to friends and give money away. The scary thing was during that break, I didn't feel the urge to come back and play. Taking this break made me realize that I don't need to play this game anymore and I could live life perfectly fine without it.

In a sense, it did more harm than good because that urge to grind 120's/200m's is no longer within me. I do not like that realization because I miss being able to have fun playing Runescape.

I log in and I see my same friends still playing and making a lot of progress. I wish I could join them and continue the journey. I really wish I could enjoy this game like I once have but I just don't know how to...

Can always make an Ironman for the challenge of gathering your own gear, try out OSRS, or wait for future modes :)
Honestly, if you really feel like you don't need/want to play the game anymore, you should just quit and invest your time in other games that may be fun to you instead of doing ironman osrs etc because it's essentially the same thing if you think about it. (just my opinion) There are many other great games out there
Catmints's Notebook

08-Jan-2018 03:24:10

D E L A Y

D E L A Y

Posts: 4,235 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have to agree with Catmints. If it's to the point where it feels more like a chore to sign in and do things, then I think it's time to take a well needed break from the game. Hopefully over the days/weeks/months/years something inside of you will make you want to come back. That's what happened to me. :)

Good luck!

To everyone else, Good morning General!
_.•´¯`•._.•´¯`•.* D E L A Y *.•´¯`•._.•´¯`•._

08-Jan-2018 16:25:07

FreeScouse

FreeScouse

Posts: 759 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
D E L A Y said :
I have to agree with Catmints. If it's to the point where it feels more like a chore to sign in and do things, then I think it's time to take a well needed break from the game. Hopefully over the days/weeks/months/years something inside of you will make you want to come back. That's what happened to me. :)

Good luck!

To everyone else, Good morning General!

This is good advice but it can go the other way, i seem to be feeling further and further away with each week that passes.

It's only the thought of you lot in the forums that makes me feel the need to pop in from time to time because i actually do miss some people, but i also feel that 1 day you won't ever see me post again "which does make me feel sad" but life goes on and all that.

WARNING, DO NOT HOVER OVER THIS SPOILER IF EASILY OFFENDED

Fuck you Jagex, i was totally innocent and you fuckin know it, bastards!

Much love

Scouse -Never here but Always forgotten
Proud owner and user of windows xp and safe mode/low cpu

Shoot me
SCOUSE NEVER BOTTED
Runescapes Frostiest Freind

08-Jan-2018 17:23:08

D E L A Y

D E L A Y

I hear you on that Nosword.

Since I've been back I haven't felt the need to take a break but I do play a variety of different games between Steam, Origin, uPlay, and Battlenet.

I was playing a lot of Black Desert Online this weekend, I still enjoy RuneScape more though. :P

08-Jan-2018 17:26:08

D E L A Y

D E L A Y

I understand how you feel Scouse, I felt the same way before. :(

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you not want to play anymore? Is it the MTX and lack of updates?

08-Jan-2018 17:46:00

FreeScouse

FreeScouse

Posts: 759 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MTX and updates never really bothered me, it's the fact that Jagex think i was dumb enough to cheat and then after 2 and a half years of trying to clear my name, they actually e-mailed me telling me they were wrong and i never cheated.

That made me so happy and i got back into the game and started enjoying it again for almost 3 months before Mod Infinity decided to make me look a fool and tell me in the forums "sorry, the jmod clicked the wrong e-mail and you still cheated"

So since that day he said that, i quit Scouse and this account and just played for a short time on a new alt "Streaker_gif" for the free weekend membership promo to see if i could be bothered, and nope, it rekindled no love for the game and made me realize it's probably time to hang up my swords.
Proud owner and user of windows xp and safe mode/low cpu

Shoot me
SCOUSE NEVER BOTTED
Runescapes Frostiest Freind

08-Jan-2018 17:52:43

The contents of this message have been hidden

08-Jan-2018 18:03:18

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top