Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Niick
Jul Member 2023

Niick

Posts: 1,158 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I feel so sad.. Why can't I enjoy this game anymore? Am I doing something wrong? I worked so hard to get to where I am, and for what? What do I have to show for it? Partyhats, rares, a bunch of gold, skill capes? What does that all mean?

I remember a few summers ago I would seriously play for an average of 12-16 hours per day. The crazy part was that it was fun!! I really enjoyed playing and when I wasn't online, I was counting down the hours/minutes until I could play again. I got so much satisfaction for hitting one milestone after the other. However, it isn't like that anymore. It's such a chore to play this game.

I've listened to the advice of other forumers on here and have taken a break while casually logging in once every few weeks to talk to friends and give money away. The scary thing was during that break, I didn't feel the urge to come back and play. Taking this break made me realize that I don't need to play this game anymore and I could live life perfectly fine without it.

In a sense, it did more harm than good because that urge to grind 120's/200m's is no longer within me. I do not like that realization because I miss being able to have fun playing Runescape.

I log in and I see my same friends still playing and making a lot of progress. I wish I could join them and continue the journey. I really wish I could enjoy this game like I once have but I just don't know how to...

07-Jan-2018 09:04:58

fweqqwfe

fweqqwfe

Posts: 55 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Niick said :
I feel so sad.. Why can't I enjoy this game anymore? Am I doing something wrong? I worked so hard to get to where I am, and for what? What do I have to show for it? Partyhats, rares, a bunch of gold, skill capes? What does that all mean?

I remember a few summers ago I would seriously play for an average of 12-16 hours per day. The crazy part was that it was fun!! I really enjoyed playing and when I wasn't online, I was counting down the hours/minutes until I could play again. I got so much satisfaction for hitting one milestone after the other. However, it isn't like that anymore. It's such a chore to play this game.

I've listened to the advice of other forumers on here and have taken a break while casually logging in once every few weeks to talk to friends and give money away. The scary thing was during that break, I didn't feel the urge to come back and play. Taking this break made me realize that I don't need to play this game anymore and I could live life perfectly fine without it.

In a sense, it did more harm than good because that urge to grind 120's/200m's is no longer within me. I do not like that realization because I miss being able to have fun playing Runescape.

I log in and I see my same friends still playing and making a lot of progress. I wish I could join them and continue the journey. I really wish I could enjoy this game like I once have but I just don't know how to...

Can always make an Ironman for the challenge of gathering your own gear, try out OSRS, or wait for future modes :)

07-Jan-2018 09:12:30

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well done, Khanbibi! (and good luck with the rest of your progress to Maxing!) :)

Twillow said :
My fingers twitched to tweet and ask, Cherry, lol
It looks...organic, though. lol

P.S. All GF cakes I've been fed were way too dry and/or the texture of a brick...
I tend to avoid the GF label, unless the food is already naturally GF -- like corn and lemonade lol

What about Wife label ones?

______

Nick, I hope you manage continue to keep in contact with friends (it's good that you've kept this up), whatever happens.

With regards finding the game fun.. I'm not sure there's much you can do, other than trying out some of the content you've not done (or maybe doing it in a novel way), and hoping that something among those things will give you some joy.

I can relate to the feeling, though, as I've recently spent a chunk of time away, too.. it gets to stressful playing these days, as most of my time is spent either in dread anticipation of the next update that damages a Minigame I love playing, or trying to persuade them not to do it/do something less harmful instead (which almost never works - and I've wasted time I could have been playing the Minigames; though Idk how much worse it might be, if not protesting).

It ends up with being able to get less and less benefit from playing, and more and more of a chore, just to do what was once so easy.

It's not that I don't enjoy other content, it's just that doing so is less possible, when I don't have Minigames to use as a mainstay.

07-Jan-2018 09:16:22 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2018 09:27:51 by Yusou Bhoroi

Cherry Waves

Cherry Waves

Posts: 6,870 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
fweqqwfe said :
Niick said :
I feel so sad..

I really wish I could enjoy this game like I once have but I just don't know how to...
Can always make an Ironman for the challenge of gathering your own gear, try out OSRS, or wait for future modes :)
Second this. I felt that way for the past couple years too, then I launched Old School on Christmas Eve & have been reliving the magic I once felt again. Worth a shot if you don’t quite feel ready to let the game go

Give it time tho, it can take months or even years for the urge to play to come back, but it is inevitable
Nosword said :
pocket cake
Haha that’s disgustingly genius, hope they at least wrap it in cling film first
Boop!
........................................................................................ Old School ...................................................................................
Bleghy

07-Jan-2018 09:27:22

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,500 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
everything but the girl

I step off the train
I'm walking down your street again
And past your door, but you don't live there anymore
@Twillow_RS

For W71 Penguin locations starting January 24, 2024: www.reddit.***/r/W71PenguinWhisperers or @pengwhisper

07-Jan-2018 21:03:56

Catmints

Catmints

Posts: 6,691 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Niick said :

Me as well, I don't really enjoy the game like I did before. Maybe because all the grinding got to me... Now i'm just logging in doing the stuff i do for efficiency & exp not because it is fun to play. Meh maybe im just burnt out
but runescape is probably the game that I have the most amount of time played in
Catmints's Notebook

08-Jan-2018 03:20:59

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top